All the silver in my collection....

16 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Here are all the silver in my collection.
One question.
Is Ampex good for buying bullion?
Lemme know thru comments

Sayan Biswas The Coin Collector
It may be small, but the quality is good! Nice start.

The key to any good coin collection is to take it slow, coins will come in time.

Personally, I would prefer a bunch of old worn bullion value coins instead of a couple one ounce rounds. Try looking locally for someone selling old coins and buy old silver that way. That's how I have gotten a bit of mine. unless you just want some quick silver.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
I wouldn't bother with bullion. You've got some nice silver coins there, why not stick with coins that have a numismatic value.
I was thinking to buy some bullion from AMPEX...... :)
Well.... is Ampex good for buying bullion?
Quote: "neilithic"​I wouldn't bother with bullion. You've got some nice silver coins there, why not stick with coins that have a numismatic value.
​With numismatic values?B.
Pls explain a little clearly :O
Quote: "redsmithstudios"​It may be small, but the quality is good! Nice start.

​The key to any good coin collection is to take it slow, coins will come in time.

​Personally, I would prefer a bunch of old worn bullion value coins instead of a couple one ounce rounds. Try looking locally for someone selling old coins and buy old silver that way. That's how I have gotten a bit of mine. unless you just want some quick silver.
​This the main problem here.... :(
no pawn shops, coin shops, like US and UK..
I find people who have pawn shops nearby, so that I can buy coins from them.

Pawn shops sells coins at a lot cheaper price.
Quote: "Sayan"
Quote: "neilithic"​I wouldn't bother with bullion. You've got some nice silver coins there, why not stick with coins that have a numismatic value.
​​With numismatic values?B.
​Pls explain a little clearly :O
A value above the base metal price that a collector is willing to pay to get the coin is its numismatic value. ​If a coin has $20 worth of silver in it but a collector is willing to pay $40 to buy it then it has numismatic value. If you buy a 1 ounce bullion coin for $25 and the melt value drops from $25 to $20 then your bullion drops in value. However a coin that has a value above the base metal will likely keep its value.
Quote: "Sayan"​I was thinking to buy some bullion from AMPEX...... :)
​Well.... is Ampex good for buying bullion?
​If you want bullion, I would start here:
http://www.jmbullion.com/starter-pack/
​​With numismatic values?B.
​Pls explain a little clearly :O
There's a difference between real coins (coins with a numismatic value) and bullion "coins" (which will never be worth more than their silver content). If you want to invest money then buying bullion silver is a safe-ish way to do it, but if you want coins with history then real coins that have circulated (which is what you have here) are the way to go.

Also if you ever want to part with that Victoria rupee I'll be happy to unburden you :P
No, pawn shops and coin shops here charge more than coins are worth. I don't even try pawn shops. I am talking about asking around, putting up an add that you buy old coins. That's how I like to buy coins, from individuals. I try to pay about 70% of their value. Try Facebook, but I don't know, it may not work or, it may not be safe in India.

Either way, give some thought to what Neil has said, coins are better and more interesting than bullion. If silver goes to $5 an ounce it won't really effect the value of the coins you have pictured here, but all your $20 bullion coins would only be worth $5....
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

APMEX has high prices. I would recommend SD Bullion or JM Bullion.
Quote: "BryanJ"

​​​With numismatic values?B.
​​Pls explain a little clearly :O
​There's a difference between real coins (coins with a numismatic value) and bullion "coins" (which will never be worth more than their silver content). If you want to invest money then buying bullion silver is a safe-ish way to do it, but if you want coins with history then real coins that have circulated (which is what you have here) are the way to go.

​Also if you ever want to part with that Victoria rupee I'll be happy to unburden you :P
​Oh, hehe, you like it?:O I will contact u surely after I get one like this :D
Regards,
Sayan
I was thinking about you when I got some "junk" silver the other day. If you're wanting to purchase some silver, you might post in swaps and trades that you want some bullion value silver coins 80-925%
There are multiple trusted members that have a little pot of this kind of silver.
Just a thought, post whatever you can afford, plus postage.

Third from left, top row.... what's that?

A swastika and the Star of David seem strange bedfellows, although they appeared together on the Transfer Agreement medals.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"​Third from left, top row.... what's that?

​A swastika and the Star of David seem strange bedfellows, although they appeared together on the Transfer Agreement medals.
​That one is a gift coin....
Quote: "pnightingale"​Third from left, top row.... what's that?

​A swastika and the Star of David seem strange bedfellows, although they appeared together on the Transfer Agreement medals.
​both are actually Hindu Symbols inferring peace. I don't have to explain the nazi corruption of that ancient symbol used in India and elsewhere for millennia. However a six pointed star also finds a lot of references going back thousands of years in India.

The coin itself self is a jewellers issue depicting usually goddess Saraswati or Goddess laxmi. Both goddesses are often deities associated with wealth, prosperity and knowledge
Outings administrator

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:44.