Best ways of packaging coins

6 posts
Hello guys&girls,
having already some swaps,i've seen plenty of different ways of packing coins,and decided to open a topic on that...it may be useful for all new members of the site:)
How about to share a few pics,tips and hints here?
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic9091.html#p54710
That is from a swap I made five years ago.
My mantra for coin packing is to recycle as much as possible letters I get from other swaps ... so mainly reusing the card board where possible and if the coins come in any hard plastic squares that I can reuse.

if i have to pack a large swap (say 30+ coins) I usually use half or a whole plastic sheet with the 20 coin pockets. I have some old coin sheets which are in a less than stellar state and others from previous swaps that I can recycle.

If its a small swap I simply wrap up a couple coins at a time in papaer and d tape it to the cardad board and then make sure to sandwich them nicely into a bubble wrap envelope
Outings administrator
Our Numisdoc about this subject
https://fr.numista.com/numisdoc/comment-bien-preparer-son-envoi-de-pieces-48.html
Referee for Spain, Iberia (ancient), Suebi Kingdom and Visigothic Kingdom
Two samples from previous swaps...

Similar type of cardboard to cover once they are secured to avoid making any noise... then closing all edges in case anything get loose does not come out... then inside a envelope and I tape all seams of the envelope to avoid any accidental damage / opening.
JustforFun...
I agree on the recycling bit. I haven't done as many swaps as most but I either put the coins in plastic square wallets what I have been sent and sellotape them well to the paper (they arrived to me sellotaped) or I also get a zip/closeable bags/pockets in which you also get coins (the little or big ones) and I take ages stapling the coins into the bag (like putting them in and stapling around them so that they can't move and touch the coin next to it so when shipping they don't rattle/scratch.

I then put the bag(s) into some cardboard (a greetings card or just some card folded) (or sellotape the plastic wallets directly to the card if using them) and sellotape that fully, and then into bubble envelop or wrap in soft kitchen bag and then into normal envelope.

I hope that's clear :')
When I didn't have bags or anything I did wrap the coins individually in paper then sellotape then up and to card. I've never had any complaints :)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:31.