Menu

How do you store your air tights?

Hello There
I have the numista tokens and silver eagles in air tights and I am not entirely sure on how to display them. I placed them inside a plastic box. 
MonaSeaclaid
Do you mean they're in individual capsules?
glykan
Quote: "Hello There"​I have the numista tokens and silver eagles in air tights and I am not entirely sure on how to display them. I placed them inside a plastic box. 
​The expensive solution would be to (carefully!) move them to Quadrum coin capsules and put Quadrums in a special clear pages (http://www.lighthouse.us/epages/lighthouse.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/leuchtturm_us/Products/ENCAPQ3SET) and then to a standard binder - you are in US so there will be no issues with the binder/page sizes. There are also other Lighthouse products to display the coins, most of them are usually available in numismatic stores or online. And all of them are expensive.
Cheap way would be simply put your air tights in a clear page made for 2x2 flips and close the pockets with a scotch type to prevent them from falling out of pockets.
neilithic
You can get square frames to go around them and from there you can store them in albums or storage boxes

http://www.air-tites.com/air-tite_frame_holders.htm#.WR9VsOuGOM8
The awesome antipodean associate
Hello There
I don't want to open the air tights and touch the coins. I might just leave them as they are now. Thanks for the suggestions.
Mark240590
I keep my quadrum capsules in the lighthouse case. I only keep my higher value coins in this the rest of my collection is in flips and saflips in albums 
instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mark240590/

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137077540@N06/
fryant
Quote: "glykan"
Quote: "Hello There"​I have the numista tokens and silver eagles in air tights and I am not entirely sure on how to display them. I placed them inside a plastic box. 
​​The expensive solution would be to (carefully!) move them to Quadrum coin capsules and put Quadrums in a special clear pages (http://www.lighthouse.us/epages/lighthouse.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/leuchtturm_us/Products/ENCAPQ3SET) and then to a standard binder - you are in US so there will be no issues with the binder/page sizes. There are also other Lighthouse products to display the coins, most of them are usually available in numismatic stores or online. And all of them are expensive.
​Cheap way would be simply put your air tights in a clear page made for 2x2 flips and close the pockets with a scotch type to prevent them from falling out of pockets.

No need to move the coins into Quadrums, Lighthouse also makes ENCAP pages specially for capsules, in several sizes, measured in milimeters: http://www.lighthouse.us/epages/lighthouse.sf/secAhE4WSVvW4s/?ObjectPath=/Shops/leuchtturm_us/Products/%22ENCAP22/23%22
glykan
Great solution provided that you have a lot of coins in air tights of the same (or very close) size.
COINMAN1
Store them? I would rather display them as photographs below show them.

Hello There
Quote: "lCOINMAN1"​Store them? I would rather display them as photographs below show them.

That is a lot of air tights :8D how many are there?
Nice display. 
I only have 10 or so :(
COINMAN1
I would certainly guess at over 1,000, but I will need to actually count them. I have some in boxed sets, but will include them in my count. I will let you know total as soon as I can.
COINMAN1
Just to state that I have just spent over 1 hour going through my collection and counted all of the coins that are in airtight capsules. I was staggered when I added up the total.
This total does not include coins in the 2" x2" plastic display cases. (Those with description on the front).
So, the total is 2,069. This includes all metal types, but in the airtight capsules.
Not too bad I think.
Hello There
Quote: "COINMAN1"​Just to state that I have just spent over 1 hour going through my collection and counted all of the coins that are in airtight capsules. I was staggered when I added up the total.
​This total does not include coins in the 2" x2" plastic display cases. (Those with description on the front).
​So, the total is 2,069. This includes all metal types, but in the airtight capsules.
​Not too bad I think.
Wowzy, that is a lot of plastic!How do you deal with them when they take up much more room than a 2x2?
COINMAN1
The 2"x2" plastic cases are on little aluminium stands, so they take up less room. My friend make me the stands, both small and larger ones.
I will send photographs tomorrow, to show you how I display them.
COINMAN1
Ok, this is part of the display of coins that are not in airtight capsules, but still make a nice display.

This is a few photographs of 2 sets with stands that my friend made for me.

The stand on the 4 coin set is twice the size of the single coin 

Sadly, my friend has now retired, so when I have used up my little stock of them, I will have to source a different method, but think I am ok for a little while yet.

Comments welcome
Hello There
Quote: "COINMAN1"​Ok, this is part of the display of coins that are not in airtight capsules, but still make a nice display.

​This is a few photographs of 2 sets with stands that my friend made for me.

​The stand on the 4 coin set is twice the size of the single coin 

​Sadly, my friend has now retired, so when I have used up my little stock of them, I will have to source a different method, but think I am ok for a little while yet.

​Comments welcome
​I like how you get to display your coins, but I don't have the room for all the coins that I want to show off.
When you run out of those stands, you can get some stands for the souvenir plates, I think they will do the job.

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 09:35AM.