Canada 1967 1 cent with many errors [solved]

5 posts
I have this roll of Canada 1967 1 cent (circulated) for 30 years so I thought I would check them out. I found 14 coins with some errors but this one stood out because of so many errors. I would like the thought from the members on the errors. THX Ed

Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
very well used coins....
and please read this topic:
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic59947.html#p492880
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
Hi Ed,

You have a Double Die version commemorating our 100th birthday. My Charlton lists a very nice premium for these but, unfortunately, only starting at MS grade. Here's the breakdown (Cdn $) for MS-60 (brown).....

1967 Confederation 345,140,645 5.00
1967 DD included 25.00

Still, a very nice find.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
As per to my limited experience, the majority of double-die of this penny is on the digits of "1967" and you have both dates clearly doubled.
As for missing dots - I'd say that it's due to the dirt/grease on the well used dies, and it is rather common.
There is a time for everything - Il y a un temps pour tout - Всему есть свое время - Для всього свій час, і година своя кожній справі під небом
Thank you PetrusAscanus that is the diagram I used to determine the dates and the birds wing was doubled.
Thank you Peter M. Graham I wish the coin was MS but I got this roll from a friend who never spent a penny in his life – always put them in a jar and then in rolls when he had enough. He had over 800 rolls (US and Canada) when he died.
Thank you glykan I thought the missing denticles was due to dirt/grease and the longated denticles was due to a worn die.
I was surprised so many errors was on this coin – never seen that before. I guess when they mint 345,140,645 something has to happen.
I like the coin and will put it away with the other 13 coins with errors I found, doubled dates, queens chin doubled, queens back doubled, queens face doubled and ledgend doubles. Thanks all. Ed
Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:00.