swap problem with member marco santos [solved]

6 posts
i sent the coins from my agreement in march of this year, i have heard nothing from marco santos since despite sending him many messages about the coins with no reply
we do not own our coins, we are merely guardians of them for future generations.
Same happened to me too with a Venezuelan member...

You must not agree any swap unless you fully understand what kind of person the swapper is.
Cheaters always are anxious for your coins first and gives fake tracking nums,
as a new member i posted first as it was my first swap,
we do not own our coins, we are merely guardians of them for future generations.
Quote: "alfred1"​as a new member i posted first as it was my first swap,
​But your swap partner only has 1 feedback rating? When I first joined Numista, my early swaps were all carried out with experienced members with established feedback history that I was fairly confident that I could trust.
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
Quote: "radrick007"
Quote: "alfred1"​as a new member i posted first as it was my first swap,
​​But your swap partner only has 1 feedback rating? When I first joined Numista, my early swaps were all carried out with experienced members with established feedback history that I was fairly confident that I could trust.
​That's how I started, also. Only in North America for starters. Joined a coin club and did some person to person swaps. Finally did some overseas swaps. And I'm still at only 10 swaps total in just under 2 years. Baby steps.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
Just so that you know, even if he didn't cheat you, ever since before the Olympics, Brazil has very strictly enforced a no coins in outward bound mail. A swap partner of mine received my coins and tried sending me 3 times only for the coins to be returned to him each time. He eventually sent the coins when he was visiting Mozambique!

So just as a general tip, be careful of swapping with anyone in Brazil at the moment. That said, the fact that this marcos guy hasn't replied to you is very bad indeed
Outings administrator
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:12)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:43.