Epic Coin Roll Hunt, 4 Krugerrand purchased at spot and a Cuban 25 Centavo found in Coinstar [solved]

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Epic Coin Roll Hunt, 4 Krugerrand and a Cuban 25 Centavo from Coinstar

https://youtu.be/ccPo9BhWFlc
Who on earth would throw Krugerrand in a Coinstar? It must have been people who were so desperate for quick cash that they failed to recognize gold even if it was written so on the coin? Or just ignorant kids messing with their grandpa's collection?

Did you inform the shopkeeper and the police of your find? Someone ignorantly left $5000 behind and it would certainly be ethical if the finder did his best to locate the righteous owner and prevent his mistake turn into a nightmare.
I may be wrong, but excuse my skepticism. You are posting those finds nearly every week and you claim to find silver and gold at coinstar. Every week you find more and more, when in reality, there should be less and less. Now you find gold? What is your secret?
Click bait to a monetized Youtube channel.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "ArnoV"​Who on earth would throw Krugerrand in a Coinstar? It must have been people who were so desperate for quick cash that they failed to recognize gold even if it was written so on the coin? Or just ignorant kids messing with their grandpa's collection?

​Did you inform the shopkeeper and the police of your find? Someone ignorantly left $5000 behind and it would certainly be ethical if the finder did his best to locate the righteous owner and prevent his mistake turn into a nightmare.
​Sorry, you are confused. We bought the gold coins at spot from someone local in Facebook. We found the 20 Centavo Cuba n Silver coin in Coinstar. Thanks for visiting the video Arno!
Quote: "Hello There"​I may be wrong, but excuse my skepticism. You are posting those finds nearly every week and you claim to find silver and gold at coinstar. Every week you find more and more, when in reality, there should be less and less. Now you find gold? What is your secret?
I am coin roll hinting, and hitting the Coinstars between rides. I am an Uber driver for now as I look for a new job in my field. The gold was a purchase. I post generally every week. Wait for next Wednesday;s, I had the best luck ever today at Wells Fargo. They sold me two 20 dollar hand rolled half rolls. One was all 1964, and the other was 10 1964, and 30 40 percenters. No secret, just persistence and luck. I find 2 percent silver coin roll hunting apart from today, and I find silver in Coin-stars about 10 percent of the time.
Well, the title is obviously misleading. Of course by accident or design, it serves as good click bate I suppose.
Outings administrator
Quote: "ashlobo"​Well, the title is obviously misleading. Of course by accident or design, it serves as good click bate I suppose.

I will change the title, that was not my intent. I only post vids as I like to trade where ever I am. Thanks for the feedback.
Quote: "pnightingale"​Click bait to a monetized Youtube channel.
Not at all. I don't think I have ever made 5 dollars in Youtube. But thanks for the feedback. Trying to figure out how to change the title. I had to compress the title as it was too long on YouTube and based on the feedback I see I need to change it. Please advise if you know how to edit a title. I found a 20 centavo in coinstar, and my father bought some Krugerrands at spot.
It's not a big deal, the most people lose are a few seconds watching the video. Congratulations on your finds. I did get a 25cent Bahamas coin myself at a coinstarcmachine. Nothing special, but it's a nice feeling;)
Outings administrator
You can edit the title by selecting edit on the original post. (In other words you can't do it while editing the replies).

I tried coin roll hunting but it was just too much effort for very little reward. I do however religiously check any Coinstar machine I pass. (I'm almost embarrassed to say that Abby and I sat on the bench at WalMart watching some guy dumping a water barrel full of change and were rewarded for our patience by about a dozen foreign coins and enough US money for two ice creams) Two years ago it was possible to find rejected silver coins (wrong weight) but these are very rarely to be found since the $50 spike a few years ago.

Forgive my cynicism but your audience here are numismatically savvy, they know that anyone claiming to find silver coins in the Coinstar reject tray with such frequency is most likely staging the event to attract visitors.

I've no wish to be rude, really I don't. It's a subject matter which many here might find interesting if presented in the right way. I'm certainly interested, as I said I'm always trying to find something exotic in the reject tray and frequently do. Typically it's Canadian and Caribbean equivalents. I haven't found a silver coins for ages but I do find the Cuban Intour coins which get snapped up by my many friends right here on Numista the same day I post them. Due to Cuba's unique relationship with the US the demand and thus price for later Cuban issues is very healthy.

So, despite being interested in the subject matter, I don't think I've ever followed one of your links and you've only made $5.... Clearly this "fire and forget" strategy isn't working. You seem like a decent, amiable bloke. Why not introduce yourself, make a few friends, try a few swaps....... it's a friendly crowd I promise. I'd be willing to bet that you would find more people willing to support your channel if you were engaging with them beyond posting an occasional link.

Nobody would begrudge you a modest return for your time, I'd be very happy to hear a year from now that the $5 has grown to $500 or even $5,000. But please, treat us as friends, not potential traffic.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:54.