Mixed up country flags [solved]

16 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 5
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Reporting a mix up with some country flags. The flags of the main categories of Norway and Papua New Guinea are mixed up. Haven´t checked if any other flags are affected, though.
Referee for Ancient Greece,  Norway and the Kingdom of Cyprus
Noted, will pass this on to Xavier for correction.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Unfortunately it's not as simple as 2 countries being mixed up.

Several other countries are also impacted by this:
  • French Polynesia level one country has Vanuatu flag;
  • Norway level one country has Saint Kitts and Nevis flag;
  • Papua New Guinea level one country has Norway flag;
  • Saint Barthelemy has Sweden flag;
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis level one country has Nepal flag;
  • Switzerland level one country has Somalia flag;
  • Tanzania level one country has Switzerland flag;
  • Timor-Leste level one country has Tanzania flag;
  • Trinidad and Tobago level one country has Timor Leste flag;
  • Vanuatu level one country has Papua New Guinea flag;
  • Venezuela level one country has Trinidad and Tobago flag;
  • Yemen level one country has Venezuela flag.

Nepal, Somalia and Zimbabwe level one countries are also affected. There are probably others which I've missed
Trying to get a coin from each UN country with circulating coins. 20 to go!
Additional mix-ups:
Indonesia Level 1 has Netherlands East Indies
Netherlands Antilles Level 1 has Netherlands
Rome Level 1 has Zimbabwe

Will
Are you guys talking about the flags from the Country List view. If so, I'm not seeing the mix ups and all the flags are in their normal positions.
Yes, the country list. Still mixed up on mine
Trying to get a coin from each UN country with circulating coins. 20 to go!
Quote: "SRV5490"​Are you guys talking about the flags from the Country List view. If so, I'm not seeing the mix ups and all the flags are in their normal positions.
​Because you need to refresh. "ctrl + f5"

I refreshed and yes they are messed up now
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh
Well I see what you mean. I have never used refresh "ctrl+f5" and have always just clicked the "reload" arrow. So prior to refreshing everything looked fine.
Belarus's flag is mixed up as well. For some reason there is an ex-USSR dictatorship's flag instead of national one...
Gordon Gekko: Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market.
Some more mixups;
Hello,
Sorry there was an error with the flags. It's fixed now. You may need to refresh the page to see the change.
Still 2 errors. Indonesia Level 1 has Netherlands East Indies and Netherlands Antilles Level 1 has Netherlands

Will
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​Sorry there was an error with the flags. It's fixed now. You may need to refresh the page to see the change.
​Thanks for the fix! :)
Referee for Ancient Greece,  Norway and the Kingdom of Cyprus
Every time I mention this I get replies like "*sigh* point taken...." but maybe it's just because it's me..? :P
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Because these notes are passed to Xavier every 2 weeks I guess. It has nothing to do with who submit them. Well except with urgent matters like when site goes offline or so. Don't worry.
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh
I fixed the Indonesia level 1 flag. You may need to refresh and/or empty your cache to see it. I guess the Netherland flag is appropriate for Netherlands Antilles level 1.

Ngdawa, I have nothing against you ;)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:59.