Cost to ship from US (swaps)

7 posts
I am looking to do my first swap with a member from Spain and am clueless about shipping internationally. The USPS page says that you can only send coins to Spain insured priority international at about $35!? I assume most small swaps do not follow this. Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know about what's done in the United States but if it's a small swap you can probably just hide it in regular mail. Make sure it's securely packed and discreet and it should be fine. Again I don't know about what the Americans do so wait until you hear from a few of them. Also you may want to look into how the Spanish Post treats its mail.
Never put "coins" on a customs form (if required). Put something like "old medals".

If it's a few coins, just put them in regular first class international post as part of a letter.
Oh that's right. I've also seen "collectible/trade metal discs" or "engraved copper" or things like that.
I have always put hobby supply's, and I put "model train parts" over my return address. That way it sounds boring to thieves and if someone thinks there is metal in there, they will assume it a part.
you can send about 5-9 coins to Spain for about $3-5 just carefully wrap them with paper and put them in Card stock so no one can hear or feel them. I cut a coin sized slot out of card board and the coin fits inside, there's a tutorial about that some where here?
Good luck!
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic6327.html#p62460
For a low value, low weight, small number of coins swap, I use regular international mail: https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440 (It's $1.15 for one ounce shipped to Spain)

I place the coins in flips and I tape the flips between two pieces of cardboard such that no one can tell the contents are anything other than a letter.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:14)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:11.