International Day of Yoga - 10 Rupees Coin - Incomplete Mintage?

5 posts
Hello,

If I see the Numista catalog entry for International Day of Yoga - 10 Rupees, the mintage information are Mumbai Mint, Noida Mint and Mumbai Mint Proof (M). But I have got a coin that shows no mint mark at all. I believe that could mean Kolkata mint. Can any of the experts shed some light on it? I am attaching a picture of the coin.

Thanks,
SDM
Bumping...
As someone who really likes yoga I wish i saw this earlier. (I just joined btw). I have been a fan of yoga for a few years now and honestly I have been in love with it even more since the pandemic started. I have been studying yoga from different points of view (not just a s physical exercise but also as a way to sharpen the mind). I have attended many seminars and workshops, I have been to different lectures and tried different styles of yoga since most of them actually have sort of like a different aspect they focus on. The one thing that I really want to do though is go to a yoga retreat and sort of immerse myself in the world of yoga and see how it can change my everyday life. I was planning to go to one of those retreats in Bali or India but with the pandemic raging on and the traveling restrictions I decided to stick to something closer to home. I have been doing a lot research to see if there was something similar in the Caribbeans and I came across this really cool article about different yoga retreats in Costa Rica which is like a few short hours away. I read some more, looked around, contacted some people who have been there in the past and asked them about their experiences. I have booked a place in the Perfect Sunset school with no end date. I am hoping that it will be a really fun experience over all. Wish my luck.
Quote: "sdm_9999"​Hello,

​If I see the Numista catalog entry for International Day of Yoga - 10 Rupees, the mintage information are Mumbai Mint, Noida Mint and Mumbai Mint Proof (M). But I have got a coin that shows no mint mark at all. I believe that could mean Kolkata mint. Can any of the experts shed some light on it? I am attaching a picture of the coin.

​Thanks,
​SDM
​Calcutta, yes. Normally the mint mark is below the the date for this coin and there's none!
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
The Numista entry for this coin does have a line for Kolkata -- so that's Calcutta? No mintage figures, though. KM doesn't have it :(
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces73705.html

Is there an on-line authority for mintage figures of Indian coins?

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:37.