Menu

Why is my 1966 half penny colour different? [solved]

Teutonician
Why is this 1966 coin's colour different. It's obviously not bronze so I just want to know.

Sometimes, I dream about Ch- Coins.
ALLRED1950
It looks like it been gold plated. Here is a 1957 1/2 penny

you can find a lot of coins plated. Here is a 1902 penny and a US 50 cent coin
AT THIS TIME IAM NO LONGER SWAPPING. I need too put things in order. And take some time off. Thank you yours daryl
Teutonician
Doesn't looks like a gold plated.. unless it wearer down..
Jarcek Numista team
Washing machine? I got similar german pfennig.
Catalogue administrator, Referee for Bohemia,Czechoslovakia and Czech Republic.
If you want to support my work on Numista, you are free to do so here: https://www.patreon.com/Jarcek
Teutonician
Could been decorative like for a jewellery
Camerinvs
You'll love this short YouTube video:

Turn Pennies Silver and Gold

I got this from John Regitko in the latest Canadian Coin News (September 19─October 2).
MonaSeaclaid
Modern day alchemy!

I like the part where he picks up the glass beaker half full of boiling water with his bare hands.
I wrote something clever here.
lebryant
Nice video, Camerinvs!

Science is beautiful. Of course it doesn't mean that your coin has went through a similar type or process but it puts things into a perspective - not everything looks as it seems :P
angelika33
Quote: "Camerinvs"​You'll love this short YouTube video:

Turn Pennies Silver and Gold

​I got this from John Regitko in the latest Canadian Coin News (September 19─Octob I kept a coin in the album,I noticed that the coin began to cover with a silver coating.Watch out carefully that it is not silver everywhere.along with a silver coating, a green spot appeared in the reverse,the coin was tested with a silver tester.the spot was not visible before
Angelika
angelika33
Quote: "angelika33"
Quote: "Camerinvs"​You'll love this short YouTube video:
​​
​​Turn Pennies Silver and Gold
​​
​​I got this from John Regitko in the latest Canadian Coin News (September 19─Octob I kept a coin in the album,I noticed that the coin began to cover with a silver coating.Watch out carefully that it is not silver everywhere.along with a silver coating, a green spot appeared in the reverse,the coin was tested with a silver tester.the spot was not visible before

My ​brother found a coin during the demolition of an old building, 2 years ago.​
Angelika

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:16PM.