This user's collection

8 posts

Came across a user with this in his US collection/swap list; I won't name names though.

I of course mean no offence, but sometimes I wonder, how many of the Numista users with rare, top grade coins like these registered in their collection are uninformed novices with fakes, and how many are well-off collectors with millions to spare that have these coins sitting in their offices?
That 1804 Draped Bust has only about 15 known specimens, so I doubt that is the case. They run from 2 to 4 million dollars, but they are not for sale.
never kill a mockingbird: it's bad luck.
Yes, the third and most likely possibility is that some users are created a "fantasy collection".
There are two members who claim to have a Canadian gold $1,000,000 coin for swap ─ the current bullion value being $5,144,000. The rarity index is 89, which means that several more members claim to have it.

If anyone trusts the rarity index, you just need to send them to that page.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Quote: "Jesse11"​Yes, the third and most likely possibility is that some users are created a "fantasy collection".

Why would someone want to creat a fantasy collection? It would still be an illusion.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "Camerinvs"​There are two members who claim to have a Canadian gold $1,000,000 coin for swap ─ the current bullion value being $5,144,000. The rarity index is 89, which means that several more members claim to have it.

​If anyone trusts the rarity index, you just need to send them to that page.
​But I know where to buy one if you really want to:
https://mennicazlota.pl/kanadyjski-lisc-klonu-zlota-moneta-1000000-cad-2007.html
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"
Quote: "Jesse11"​Yes, the third and most likely possibility is that some users are created a "fantasy collection".
​​
​Why would someone want to creat a fantasy collection? It would still be an illusion.
​Exactly, it would seem pretty sad and pointless to do so IMO.
Why put all that time into creating a "fantasy collection" and then putting it on a swap list? To get people to see your fake assortment of coins?

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:10.