Suspicious profiles

19 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hello

Pay attention to these profiles. They are very dubious. Let site administrators check their IP addresses.

https://en.numista.com/echanges/membre.php?id=93638
https://en.numista.com/echanges/membre.php?id=93637
https://en.numista.com/echanges/membre.php?id=93635
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=92523

Regards
They are linked and already have warnings on them. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
The last link does not contain the warning like the other three
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Quote: "COINMAN1"​The last link does not contain the warning like the other three
Thanks for notifying. Warning has been added to the last profile link: all feedbacks come from shared IP profiles.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "pejounet"
Quote: "COINMAN1"​The last link does not contain the warning like the other three
​Thanks for notifying. Warning has been added to the last profile link: all feedbacks come from shared IP profiles.
​Then why not delete the account? It not like he is innocently adding accounts.

Because the warnings are on swap pages, not profiles. The other 3 links are exchange links, the last is a profile link. The warning was there, on his exchange page :)
Sorry, my mistake. I just looked at the links given
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
All those swaps on the road.... someone's gonna get burned.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"​All those swaps on the road.... someone's gonna get burned.
​he's probably just swapping with himself..three accounts created the same day and all of them had already completed a swap within 24 hrs - with the same guy! :O it's difficult to make it even more obvious.. :P
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Why are the accounts allowed to remain at all, if there is evidence they are all from the same IP address and being nefariously used to create fake swaps and feedback? There's no benefit of the doubt needed here.
Quote: "Jesse11"​Why are the accounts allowed to remain at all, if there is evidence they are all from the same IP address and being nefariously used to create fake swaps and feedback? There's no benefit of the doubt needed here.
​agree 100%! delete all accounts but one, since there's no evidence of scamming - yet. but since the reason for the other accounts are pretty clear, they should've been deleted the same day they were detected.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "Jesse11"​Why are the accounts allowed to remain at all, if there is evidence they are all from the same IP address and being nefariously used to create fake swaps and feedback? There's no benefit of the doubt needed here.
​Indeed no benefit of doubt, but deleting an account doesn't stop anybody to register with a new email address.
Then to date, the best seems to stick with having notes for accounts sharing same IP (as same IP doesn't necessarily means same person) and keeping accounts while setting "Warnings" for everybody to see them.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Quote: "pejounet"​​​Then to date, the best seems to stick with having notes for accounts sharing same IP (as same IP doesn't necessarily means same person) and keeping accounts while setting "Warnings" for everybody to see them.
​True. But when the same IP address is making swaps with itself you might be suspicious. ;)
Quote: "ngdawa"
Quote: "pejounet"​​​Then to date, the best seems to stick with having notes for accounts sharing same IP (as same IP doesn't necessarily means same person) and keeping accounts while setting "Warnings" for everybody to see them.
​​True. But when the same IP address is making swaps with itself you might be suspicious. ;)
​100% agree, hence the "warnings" ;)
We discussed this today in admin meeting to block this particular IP if possible.
I have made a swap with this individual but we have not exchanged coins. After asking him to send first due to the "warning", He insisted that I send first after swap was confirmed. Of course, I refused. No coins exchanged hands and never will. How do I get rid of the swap on the road?
Quote: "pejounet"​​​Indeed no benefit of doubt, but deleting an account doesn't stop anybody to register with a new email address.
​Then to date, the best seems to stick with having notes for accounts sharing same IP (as same IP doesn't necessarily means same person) and keeping accounts while setting "Warnings" for everybody to see them.

The faster the admin team reacts when scammers are detected, the less the crooks will bother trying to scam.
These accounts should be deleted immediately and the IP logged and blocked.
Quote: "BryanJ"​ The faster the admin team reacts when scammers are detected, the less the crooks will bother trying to scam.
​ These accounts should be deleted immediately and the IP logged and blocked.
​i have to agree here. it's easy to create an account, but to have to re-create an account over and over is bothersome and tiresome, and eventually they will realise that it's not worth it..
Quote: "BryanJ"
Quote: "pejounet"​​​Indeed no benefit of doubt, but deleting an account doesn't stop anybody to register with a new email address.
​​Then to date, the best seems to stick with having notes for accounts sharing same IP (as same IP doesn't necessarily means same person) and keeping accounts while setting "Warnings" for everybody to see them.

​​
​ The faster the admin team reacts when scammers are detected, the less the crooks will bother trying to scam.
​ These accounts should be deleted immediately and the IP logged and blocked.
​Exactly. One person scammed is to many. I they know that they can get a way with it, and scam one person, what will they think about being able to do it again?
The third dude tried to swap with me so I just said he send first.

EDIT: Forth sorry not third.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:17)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:54.