Menu

Weird 2€

Monninen1
So, I found out that a family member that also collects coins (He has an impressive collection of special 2€ coins) has a weird version of the henrik von wright 2€.
The coin has a white inside and a gray/black ring. I have tried to clean it (with paper) but is it just a dirty coin or something else? And I do not have a picture. I'll see if he gives me a permission to take photos the coin.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces93999.html
Long live the Tsar.
Monninen1
And the weird thing is that the outer ring looks circulated and used and the inner coin uncirculated and shiny...
Long live the Tsar.
Monninen1

What is it? Probably not anything rare but weird
Long live the Tsar.
Idolenz
Probably a chemical reaction e.g. washed or done on purpose, I have seen copper-nickel coins with such a dark surface (mostly ground finds).
For the inner part maybe leaching of the copper made lighter.

Monninen1
Quote: "Idolenz"​Probably a chemical reaction e.g. washed or done on purpose, I have seen copper-nickel coins with such a dark surface (mostly ground finds).
​For the inner part maybe leaching of the copper made lighter.
​Probably. The thing that just it is almost uncirculated but someone probably got it almost uncirculated and got a great idea...But still, an interesting coin! And its a 2016 coin. Thanks for the reply!
Long live the Tsar.

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:31AM.