Chinese greeting translation [solved]

4 posts
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces128117.html
The circular pattern of 8 Chinese characters on this coin is a bit puzzling; do they mean 8 things, or are they 2 four letter blessings? Usually I'm able to work something out with my base knowledge of East Asian languages but here the placement confuses me.
福祿壽喜 富樂安康

First is a traditional phrase, in fact, there is even a song. Means getting bliss, joy, a raise, longevity and money.

The second is also a phrase. Means rich and happy and healthy.

Hope that helped. Also, the two phrases have no relation to each other.
Quote: "SquareRootLolly"​福祿壽喜 富樂安康

​First is a traditional phrase, in fact, there is even a song. Means getting bliss, joy, a raise, longevity and money.

​The second is also a phrase. Means rich and happy and healthy.

​Hope that helped. Also, the two phrases have no relation to each other.
Thanks, SquareRootLolly! I've noticed your work on contributing to Chinese translations; as referee for several countries with Chinese script (Hongkong, Singapore, Kiau Chau, Tonkin, etc) I think your help in this could be quite useful. 8)
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "SquareRootLolly"​福祿壽喜 富樂安康
​​
​​First is a traditional phrase, in fact, there is even a song. Means getting bliss, joy, a raise, longevity and money.
​​
​​The second is also a phrase. Means rich and happy and healthy.
​​
​​Hope that helped. Also, the two phrases have no relation to each other.
​Thanks, SquareRootLolly! I've noticed your work on contributing to Chinese translations; as referee for several countries with Chinese script (Hongkong, Singapore, Kiau Chau, Tonkin, etc) I think your help in this could be quite useful. 8)
Thank you. I'm from Hong Kong :]

Teach me French :P

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:09.