Constantinus I Mint ID [solved]

3 posts
Hi, I need help identifying the mint for this coin. Obverse lettering is IMP CONSTANTINVS PF AVG, reverse lettering ends in ERVATORI. Mint mark appears to be .T.S.P. although the last letter could be an E or an F. Using wildwinds this appears to be the Thessalonica mint, however, I couldn't find an entry with the same obverse lettering and mint mark. Weight is 2-3 grams, however, I am certain it is closer to 3 than 2. Diameter is 21mm at widest, 19mm at narrowest. Also, in coin alignment.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
It's a follis of Constantine (Constantinus I Magnus), minted around 317/318 at Thessalonica (·TS·?·), with the reverse type "IOVI CONS-ERVATORI" :
Jupiter standing left, holding Victory on globe and sceptre ; Eagle with wreath in beak.
On the observe the laureate head of the Emperor, right.

Reference : RIC VII 19

I'm not sure about the offina, probably the second one (B) but it could be the third one (Γ) or the fith (ϵ).
The only letters who exists for this type are A,B,Γ,Δ,ϵ.
Thank you Cycnos, I must've been blind, I found it in wildwinds thanks to you. I'm pretty sure it's the Γ offina so I'll record it as such. Thank you again for your help.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:57.