I have confirmed a swap with FCamacho...

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I have confirmed a swap with FCamacho from Mexico weeks ago...
but now he don't confirm the swap neither reply to my messages.
What should I do?

Regards from Portugal,
Nuno.
Wait, do not do anything, do not send the coins, wait.

He is probably too busy.
Hi SquareRootLolly!

Yes, I'm waiting but the question is... how much time should I wait for a reply?
I have a few silver coins already packed to send to FCamacho that I can't use to swap with other members.

Can another member make contact to FCamacho and see if he reply?
Thanks in advance.

Regards from Portugal,
Nuno.
Once it is confirmed by BOTH SIDES you should not make it able for others even if FCamacho has not replied.

Unless he says he confirmed by mistake, you can unpackage them.
I think you didn't understand SquareRootolly!
The problem is that I have confirmed the swap but FCamacho didn't confirm. He didn't confirm and didn't cancel our swap.

Regards from Portugal,
Nuno.
I have cancel the swap.
It's not a pleasent thing to do after I have confirmed but as FCamacho didn't reply after weeks it's my only option. Hope there is all OK with this Numista member.
I think you did the best you could, sorry for your problem, but at least you didn’t lose coins!
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
I've had that happen to me before and wondered if the person might be as old as me and went completely senile or died. That may sound strange to some of you younger people, but is a fact of life.
Some of us are just fascinated by small shiny objects.
Other culture.....

Other habits.....
Dear Nuno,
the same happened to me with this guy (FCamacho). He contacted me, creating a swap, and when I was ready with the coins he requested (and sent him the pictures of the coins, etc.), he "disappeared" at all.
Of course I didn't send him anything, also because he disappeared before exchanging each other the postal adrdress...;-)
Cheers,

Davide
Quote: "davyx"​Dear Nuno,
​the same happened to me with this guy (FCamacho). He contacted me, creating a swap, and when I was ready with the coins he requested (and sent him the pictures of the coins, etc.), he "disappeared" at all.
​Of course I didn't send him anything, also because he disappeared before exchanging each other the postal adrdress...;-)
​Cheers,

​Davide
​Hi Davide!

Yes, that's odd... some days ago FCamacho write me saying that he was ready to swap!
I write him explaining that due is long silence I have cancel the swap. No damage done because coins never have been sent by me or by him.

Regards from Portugal,
Nuno.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Jan-2019, 00:20)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:08.