Apothecaries weights

6 posts

I have this apothecaries weight (and a few more), but was not able to find them in catalog.

I understand they are not coins, tokens or medals, but maybe could be included in exonumia?

Is it OK to add them? Or is out of limits of our catalog?
Just 10 options: you understand binary, or you don't.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
I remember reading that it was decided not to have apothecary weights on Numista
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: "apuking"​I remember reading that it was decided not to have apothecary weights on Numista
​Maybe this is why I found none.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
That's interesting, do you remember why that would be the decision?

Very cool piece adanieluy. How many do you have?
Quote: "MonaSeaclaid"​Very cool piece adanieluy. How many do you have?

​Hello Mona:

My daughter is medicine doctor so I "collect" (means buy) for her items related to medicine, like medals, tokens, coins. These weights were used on preparing medicines recipes, so I include them in the range.

I don't have them at home, she has all the stuff at her home so I don't really know what she has. My idea was add them, with medals, etc. into exonumia section, so I could keep track of items, and not buy repeated ones. I think we must have 4 or 5 more.
Quote: "MonaSeaclaid"​That's interesting, do you remember why that would be the decision?

​Very cool piece adanieluy. How many do you have?
​I had this question about a year ago. Apparently since it's not a coin or medal but rather a weight it was felt that it should not be in catalog.
I sell my Duplicate or Un-Needed coins on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/str/coinsandmorenj.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:24.