Calling Royal Mint presentation pack/coin collectors!

9 posts
Looking for advice and suggestions!

So I have a few royal mint presentation packs, £5, £20 coins and the likes. Some have very similar sizes and shapes but of course older or different ones don't, then some aren't Royal Mint.
Therefore how can I store them/display them?
My coins are in lighthouse albums but what do I do with presentation packs?
Good luck on that Joyce. I have 5 different sizes from the royal mint.The largest from 1986

then

then you have cards

What is odd to me,the silver is the second to the smallest
And the Britain's first new decimal coin set given out in I think in the early 1970's

Iam thinking on how to display myself.
It is, what it is, or is it.
Check the coin supply stores like Lighthouse. They have all sorts of different storage and display products, like album sheets. I am sure you can find some to store/display your coins in.
I have some presentation packs too and I was thinking to get something like this:

http://www.duncannon.co.uk/detail.asp/c=43/q=2/sku=316530
I keep all my presentation packs in expanding box office file holders (more pockets it has the better). I must have around 12 now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F371240755298

For example I have two of these above, but I sometimes see them in wilco for around £4 or so. I also recommend getting different coloured ones so you can see without opening them that the black file holder is for coins up to 2005 for example. You write down the date and occasion of the coin in tiny paper provided and slip them up in the ear in the corner so it's easy to find any particular coin pack when you looking for them.

That seems like the best way to store them in my experience.
Thats a great idea,
those pockets look big though if you only putting one pack in per pocket,are they partitioned in anyway to fit more in?
Well I mostly keep £5 coins. Basically the thin presentation packs ( 1996-1998) you can keep 3 next to each other neatly. The bigger presentation packs like the 1999 Diana to 2007 wedding anniversary only two next to each other but barely. The standard size packs nowadays fit two next to each other per pocket with space between them.

You can of course put more in but if you make the pockets too thick you won't be able to close the bag then, or you can barely squeeze it shut but this action may damage your packs so be careful.

If you have first day covers too then the biggest one of those (1999 millennium) will need a pocket on its own due to their size.

Hope that helped.
Quote: "gabormolnar1985"​Well I mostly keep £5 coins. Basically the thin presentation packs ( 1996-1998) you can keep 3 next to each other neatly. The bigger presentation packs like the 1999 Diana to 2007 wedding anniversary only two next to each other but barely. The standard size packs nowadays fit two next to each other per pocket with space between them.

​You can of course put more in but if you make the pockets too thick you won't be able to close the bag then, or you can barely squeeze it shut but this action may damage your packs so be careful.

​If you have first day covers too then the biggest one of those (1999 millennium) will need a pocket on its own due to their size.

​Hope that helped.
​That's such a great idea and 100% one to consider!!! Thank you so much! Xx

I have some non-Royal Mint things as well but I'm sure I'll be able to work it out.
I guess you could just fit in where need.

I have some £20 coins which are teeeny tiny.

So these storage albums things are A4?
I store all my presentation packs in a filing cabinet with a velvet insert which I fitted.
we do not own our coins, we are merely guardians of them for future generations.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:09.