Does the "Type" verbiage have any correlation to the "Rarity Index"?

4 posts
I have a general site question about your "Type" verbiage and "Numista Rarity Index. So "common coin" as the TYPE doesn't change as per the rarity - correct? Or does it? I see a coin with a 94 rarity index that is still called a "common coin". I am new to the site so I might be missing something, but it just seems counter intuitive that a super rare coin is called a "common coin" somewhere else on the same page. I assume in this instance "common coin" differentiates from "Token" or "Commemorative Coin" - maybe I'm just stuck on the word common...

Thanks - Ctwink
The rarity index is nothing more than a formula that describes how “rare” that particular type is for the users that use this website, nothing external.

There are many threads here addressing NRI, it’s a red v blue, pro-choice v pro-life discussion. In other words it is difficult to find rational discourse regarding it...

Regarding “common coin” not sure.
"Common Coin" in Numista simply means circulating coin. There have been suggestions to change to "Regular Coin" or "Ordinary Coin". There is no relationship to the rarity index.
Cool. I would support a change.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:33.