Total collection value [solved]

22 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 35
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Do you think it is a good idea to have a sum of all your values on your profile? As a ‘Collection value’.

What do you think?
https://mnesiccoins.gitlab.io/    https://www.instagram.com/mnesiccoins/
As long as it's private not public, or if there's a option to make it private. It might be a fun option to see what you're collection is worth in "Numista values" however it shouldn't be taken seriously as the value system has a lot of flaws as mentioned in multiple comments in the "Values and new collection management " topic.
I collect and deal in ancient Roman coin. In case you're looking for affordable ancient coins or need any help with the coins you already have send me a message.
Similar to the total silver value?
          'We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.'
                                                      Sir Winston Churchill
Yes, that would be a great idea. Maybe not accurate enough, but I would suggest two different statistics:
1. The overall collection value based on Numista values.
2. The overall collection value based on my own value of the coin (basically, how much did I spend on my collection).
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"​Yes, that would be a great idea. Maybe not accurate enough, but I would suggest two different statistics:
​1. The overall collection value based on Numista values.
​2. The overall collection value based on my own value of the coin (basically, how much did I spend on my collection).
​Yes, I agree, very good suggestion!
That information will be in the "My Coins" tab.
Quote: "Numismatist uk"​Similar to the total silver value?
​Exactly!
I would like to see those 2 statistics to!
Special interest in Coins from the Low countries (Feudal-present). Former numista referee for Low Countries Feudal, Burgundian Netherlands, Spanish Netherlands, Dutch Republic, Netherlands and Netherlands East Indies.
I think that these ideas are good too. However it would be interesting to know total face value of your collection calculated in € or $. Of course that would apply only to all current currencies.
I have a collection of €, CAD, USD... and I calculate face value only for these, althought I also have PLN, HRK, AUD and this value is not to just disregard. I believe this is not so hard to do since Numista is already converting your foreign currency to EUR.
Numista referee for Liechtenstein, Ragusa and Saint Barthelemy
Quote: "druzhynets"​Yes, that would be a great idea. Maybe not accurate enough, but I would suggest two different statistics:
​1. The overall collection value based on Numista values.
​2. The overall collection value based on my own value of the coin (basically, how much did I spend on my collection).
​+1
Do not forget about other nations that do not have these currencies
BOINC
Quote: "cro321"​As long as it's private not public, or if there's a option to make it private. It might be a fun option to see what you're collection is worth in "Numista values" however it shouldn't be taken seriously as the value system has a lot of flaws as mentioned in multiple comments in the "Values and new collection management " topic.
It will be automatically public and updated in real time, unless you hide your collection ... and be able to hide your doubles, the location too.
BOINC
Quote: "MihajloNesic"​Do you think it is a good idea to have a sum of all your values on your profile? As a ‘Collection value’.

​What do you think?
​Hi,

yes, i think it was a good idea and very helpfull the total value of the price coins we add on our collection like the silver and gold value but like a personal information, never to show as a public information.

Regards,

Nuno
Total value of my collection will be implemented, and visible in "My coins" page ?
In addition to being able to select "private", I would prefer to have a display/don't display option.

I often pull up the Numista website on my phone when I'm in my local coin stores to explain the website to interested people. Since these people are mostly strangers, I don't want to display what my collection is worth.
[I dig through the bargain bins a lot so I meet many people who ask me what country a particular coin came from.]
This has been implemented. You may now see your own value and the estimate based on Numista values on your collection dashboard. The value is private, and there is no option to make it public or to hide it from the dashboard.
Couple of questions about this

My values ---> The sum total of what I have assigned as a value to each coin?

Estimate ----> This is what Numista has as a total value of all the coins in my collection for those coins that have a value generated correct?

The percentages must be then the percent I have attached a value to and the percent of coins Numista has a value for? The numbers do not seem right...for example, on mine it says the estimate covers 91% of my coins. There is no way that is correct...50-60% is probably a closer number.

Anyway just curious. I think this is a great new addition though
I guess you mostly have bulion coins ? If so, that can explain the 91%
Quote: "Cycnos"​I guess you mostly have bulion coins ? If so, that can explain the 91%
​I have a lot of silver coins yes...so then the website is using bullion value when no numismatic value is available then?
Quote: "cncote10"​​​I have a lot of silver coins yes...so then the website is using bullion value when no numismatic value is available then?
​That was the case, but I realize it's probably not the best idea. So the bullion value is not considered anymore.
The new additions are amazing! Thank you!:wiz:
ūūūūū
Quote: "Xavier"
Quote: "cncote10"​​​I have a lot of silver coins yes...so then the website is using bullion value when no numismatic value is available then?
​​That was the case, but I realize it's probably not the best idea. So the bullion value is not considered anymore.
​Awesome thank you very much. Thats probably the better idea since we already have a bullion value number. Many thanks for your hard work!
Love the extra statistics! Values will improve as more people insert them (I'm at 34% now).

But just wondering how "newest coin" is calculated, as it now shows the oldest of the (few) 2018 coins I have in my collection: the 2018 Russian coins minted in 2017 ... Not that I mind to much about this specific statistic, but was just wondering. Is it just the first 2018 coin (taking that 2018 is indeed the most recent year I have anything of) it finds?
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:18.