Using comments to make notes

1 post

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

[Catalogue] Take personal notes on coin pages
Upvotes: 9
Downvotes: 0
I feel with the last update we left the possibility to have comments on coins not owned.

I explain:
Before update, I used comments to have notes on coins I didn't own. It was very useful when having some swaps in negotiation.
I used to add comment "Asked to XXX 18-02-09" on the coins I have asked to a member in a swap, so when I browsed coins of other member to start swap/add coins, I was able to see if I had already asked them to other. The date I included was to know when it was asked, so if I found I have asked it long ago, maybe was not sent on that swap, for member did not have it available or missed adding it, and maybe I missed to delete comment; or maybe was a swap that got abandoned or turned down; then I could go to that swap and fix it.

I also used it to mark the variants I was missing. For some countries I don't collect all years, but do the variants (KM# 10.1, KM 10.2, etc.), on coins where coins were issued for several years on same type, with many variants (like Mexico and Peru), it eased to find what I need, specially if there are many variants and I'm missing only a couple of them. I also could add note that I had a coin that could not identify variant (2 or more of same year), and I needed to find out what it was.

On new version, at least 1 coin must be added, to put a comment, being public or private; "0" is not accepted. I tried to add comments using old version, that is accepted, but then, when saving comments are gone.

And sometimes, I also used to add details to make easier to find variants, if that comment was not in comments of the year, or was not clear enough to me. Something like "look for small "2", or "also there is a magnetic version, different page".

I think the possibility to have noted the coins asked on swaps was a strong tool to manage swaps, as is a good thing not to ask coins not needed, on one side, the total weight of the parcel could increase post cost for sender, and on other side we could avoid to take coins that are swap-valuables for a member but not for others; if I asked the only double coin from Brazil to someone placed at Asia, and then I find can do a swap with someone from Brazil, who have 10 of the same coin to swap, I could change who to ask for it. Also if I don't ask for some coins I have already asked for in other swap, I could ask for other coins I also need.

Resuming, I ask to be enabled again the possibility to add comments on not owned year lines, that can also be done by allowing to add 0 coin, or decreasing quantity to 0.
Just 10 options: you understand binary, or you don't.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 20-Sep-2020, 23:07)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:12.