Menu

Biafra 1 Pound 1969

Author Message
Titatus
Joined: 11-Apr-2017
Posts: 5
Hello.
Does anyone know what the alignment of the Biafra 1 Pound 1969 coin is?
I have both types, but I can not figure out the pattern.
Look at the photos.
Thank you for help.

Essor Prof
Joined: 13-Apr-2015
Posts: 2011
Difficult to say. All the aluminium coins have coin alignment, all the gold coins have medal alignment. And you have the silver coin with both coin and medal alignment.
The best way to find out is asking the referee if he would send a message to all the owners and ask if they have coin or medal alignment. Maybe then you can figure out the pattern.
yvon
Joined: 9-Jun-2017
Posts: 198
I got one, which I bought to be a common coin, that has coin-alignment. If this info is from any help to you.
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Titatus
Joined: 11-Apr-2017
Posts: 5
Quote: "yvon"​I got one, which I bought to be a common coin, that has coin-alignment. If this info is from any help to you.
​Thanks, all help is important.
Titatus
Joined: 11-Apr-2017
Posts: 5
Quote: "Essor Prof"​Difficult to say. All the aluminium coins have coin alignment, all the gold coins have medal alignment. And you have the silver coin with both coin and medal alignment.
​The best way to find out is asking the referee if he would send a message to all the owners and ask if they have coin or medal alignment. Maybe then you can figure out the pattern.
​Thank you, good idea. I'll do it.
sarikanair
Joined: 30-Nov-2017
Posts: 60
Even I had seen this coin. It had alignment. I hope this helps.
yvon
Joined: 9-Jun-2017
Posts: 198
Quote: "sarikanair"​Even I had seen this coin. It had alignment. I hope this helps.
​Every coin has alignment. The question is; what kind of alignment...
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
doc_man
Joined: 9-Mar-2011
Posts: 932
Hi all, didn't saw this topic so apologize for late reply. I will make some research and let you know. To all of you who have this coin, can you also check the weight of this coins?
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic68885.html
Regards,
Damian
Numista referee for East Africa, British West Africa, Benin, Biafra, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Dahomey, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Liberia, Mombasa, Poland, Congo - Democratic Republic, Ruanda-Urundi, Senegal, Chad, Zaire, Zambia
yvon
Joined: 9-Jun-2017
Posts: 198
Mine weighs 24.7 gram
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Titatus
Joined: 11-Apr-2017
Posts: 5
Quote: "doc_man"​Hi all, didn't saw this topic so apologize for late reply. I will make some research and let you know. To all of you who have this coin, can you also check the weight of this coins?
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic68885.html
​Regards,
​Damian
​Hello. Thanks for listening. I can not weigh the coins because they are within the seal of certification.
doc_man
Joined: 9-Mar-2011
Posts: 932
No , problem, thank you for all details. It seems that this coin have two types of coin alignment :
http://db.stevealbum.com/php/chap_auc.php?site=2&lang=1&sale=24&chapter=50&page=1

The weight is about 24-26g

Regards,
Damian
Numista referee for East Africa, British West Africa, Benin, Biafra, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Dahomey, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Liberia, Mombasa, Poland, Congo - Democratic Republic, Ruanda-Urundi, Senegal, Chad, Zaire, Zambia
Titatus
Joined: 11-Apr-2017
Posts: 5
Quote: "doc_man"​No , problem, thank you for all details. It seems that this coin have two types of coin alignment :
http://db.stevealbum.com/php/chap_auc.php?site=2&lang=1&sale=24&chapter=50&page=1

​The weight is about 24-26g

​Regards,
​Damian
​Thanks

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 03:03PM.