Remove Countries from My Collection World Map

14 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 8
Downvotes: 1

» Quick access to the last post

I love the world map feature on the My Collection page. However, in my collection I have way more coins from the United States than from any other country. As a result the United States is dark red and all other countries are blue or green. If I could uncheck the United States from displaying on the map, then the rest of the map would be a lot more meaningful. I have even considered making a second Numista profile for my US coin collection. I can imagine someone in France or anywhere else for that matter will have a similar issue with having significantly more coins from their home country than anywhere else in the world.

I have seen an alternative suggestion that addresses the same concern which is to allow the map to be displayed on a logarithmic scale.
Welcome to the site!

I don't believe at the moment there's any way to not show one particular country's coins other than to remove all the listings you currently have for that country.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​I don't believe at the moment there's any way to not show one particular country's coins other than to remove all the listings you currently have for that country.
Correct, custom map is not possible i.e. no specific country selection or drop.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I have a similar "problem" but I have changed to "Show by type". That way my world map went from blue/green to a sea of colours! :D But, to me it was more the lack of colours that bugged me. :P

My coins:

My types:
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​I have a similar "problem" but I have changed to "Show by type". That way my world map went from blue/green to a sea of colours!

You are absolutely correct. I also generally leave it set on "show by type" which is visually more appealing. I have 2.5x more types from the US than the next highest, United Kingdom; therefore, a large spectrum of the colors aren't used and the majority of countries are blue and green still.
Quote: "pejounet"​Correct, custom map is not possible i.e. no specific country selection or drop.
​Pejounet, thanks for your reply. When you say 'not possible' should I interpret that as 'currently not possible' or 'will never be possible'?
Quote: "Coin Metallurgist"
Quote: "pejounet"​Correct, custom map is not possible i.e. no specific country selection or drop.
​​Pejounet, thanks for your reply. When you say 'not possible' should I interpret that as 'currently not possible' or 'will never be possible'?
"Currently not possible", technically there could be some workaround to achieve map customization I guess.
Frankly, this won't be implemented soon; but there are already few points being discussed about related map customization so I add this to the discussion.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Would love to see any update here @Xavier 

Numista Referee for Coins of Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Tunisia & Kingdom of Morocco
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦

Miss you Kimiji <3

Amraan Amjad

Can you please stop reopening topics that have been sleeping for 6 years? As you can see in the top of the thread, this has already been rejected.

They say "Pecunia non olet", but I know better...

And the solution is to add US coins to separate collection and show only collection with all the rest.

Catalogue administrator

smvdbrink

Amraan Amjad

Can you please stop reopening topics that have been sleeping for 6 years? As you can see in the top of the thread, this has already been rejected.

If it is bothering you, not my problem

It is a genuine issue and given that Numista is constantly bringing new updates, past issues must be considered

Numista Referee for Coins of Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Tunisia & Kingdom of Morocco
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦

Miss you Kimiji <3

Sorry to continue the awakening, but if you reckon this is a problem for you @Coin Metallurgist, you can do as I have done with my swedish coins. I have simply just put a ‘1’ in the quantity field, and then in the Private comment field, I have written like ‘+5’, which means I have six coins of these (the one added, plus five more).

Here's an example of some scrap silver I have:

So instead of having 69 of this type, I “only” list 27. Of course I list different varieties seperately – or if one is in much better condition.

Again, sorry to have kept it awake. 😇 (But to Amraan's defence, sometimes you stumble over an interesting topic and post a reply, just to afterwards notice it's a few years old thread.)

Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE

If the reality of your collection bothers you, you could also collect more from the other regions to get more colors 😂 or sell/trade off some of your main collection (which is less fun).

Idolenz

If the reality of your collection bothers you, you could also collect more from the other regions to get more colors 😂 or sell/trade off some of your main collection (which is less fun).

Of course my collection doesn't bother me. And if I want a colourful dashboard, I just change it to “Show by type”. 😉

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:35.