Quantity of Coins to Swap [solved]

11 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 0
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

I think this is a bug.

The quantity of Coins to exchange in my profile shows 1125, but when I start a swap, this value changes to 195, as shown below.

At First I thought it was the count of individual coins versus the total ones to swap, but I searched profiles of others members and compared to the swap page, both quantities are always the same.
Lets adopt the KISS philosophy, "Keep It Simple Sucker"
I think the 195 is your swap coins available counted by different types.
Eerovisser,

It was what I thought too.

But pay attention to the image I posted, it shows the first line of the swap partners list.

I am interested in 49/1125 coins of him and he is interested in 49/195 coins from me.

The detail here is that the partner is myself.

So, which amount of coins do I have to swap , 1125 or 195 ?
Hello,

left figure is the number of your doubles that may interest the other member and right figure is the total number of your doubles. Both counts do not consider years when counting, just types. Does this make sense given your coins? i.e. for some types of coins you have many different years
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
No, there is indeed something weird going on! If you look at the swaps with yourself (https://en.numista.com/echanges/index.php), you'll notice that the left column (Coins that may interest me) has a total for all coins you have available, and the right column (Coins that might interest him/her) has a total of the number of types. So both are calculated differently .... a bug indeed.
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Thank you bramvb,

It was the bug I was trying to explain, but my poor English didn't allow me to do.

Marcelo
Rather an improvement request than a bug then. The star note at bottom of swap page states this difference (types excluding years) but it might not be clear enough/as good as it could.

Will add this to next meeting for discussions.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
"In these counts, only types have been taken into account, but different years have not."

The note is clear, only that the second number in the first column doesn't seem to understand this, as it shows the total number of coins available for swap including different years (and including all the coins marked 2,3,4 or more per year). The second column does (correctly) only show the number of types I have available for swap.
Just call me Bram

Hello,
This issue is fixed.
For instance, BramVB's line now shows 1141 coin types for swap, instead of 7144.
7144 is his total number of coins for swap.
Pity ... 7144 sounded a lot more impressive, but I admit: I only have 1141 types to swap :(
Just call me Bram

Thank you Xavier

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:09.