Search coins by Personal Comment data (2nd attempt) [solved]

10 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 11
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Dear all Numista users!

I would suggest that along with the search engine using coin main data, it would be very important to have also a personal search option to search by Personal Comment data that is specified.

In this way, the particular Numista member could easily search and gather up in a list self-specified groups of coins (using comment data added by this particular member)! It would be a very helpful tool for finding self-customized coin sets practically without limits. More detailed description I wrote in the previous forum (please see here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic53930.html) on which there was no significant reaction.

Best regards

Ugis
Hi Ugis,

If I understand correctly given your example with tanks (i.e. assigning some sort of tags to coins to have kind of customized list), I would tend to say no because another solution might be better. ;)

We already discussed some update to address the "thematic/tag" point. There would be some possible way to mark a coin through some sort of tagging/management system within the collection itself. I guess this would better solve your problem here.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "konduktors"​Dear all Numista users!

​I would suggest that along with the search engine using coin main data, it would be very important to have also a personal search option to search by Personal Comment data that is specified.

​In this way, the particular Numista member could easily search and gather up in a list self-specified groups of coins (using comment data added by this particular member)! It would be a very helpful tool for finding self-customized coin sets practically without limits. More detailed description I wrote in the previous forum (please see here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic53930.html) on which there was no significant reaction.

​Best regards

​Ugis
​I just came to this forum to make the same suggestion!
Quote: "pejounet"​Hi Ugis,

​If I understand correctly given your example with tanks (i.e. assigning some sort of tags to coins to have kind of customized list), I would tend to say no because another solution might be better. ;)

​We already discussed some update to address the "thematic/tag" point. There would be some possible way to mark a coin through some sort of tagging/management system within the collection itself. I guess this would better solve your problem here.
Thank you for your comment, PJ!

Lately, we have seen at Numista webpage that tagging is possible by using the coin adding/ modifying tool. Do you mean the same by your word "thematic/tag point"? Probably not. If yes, it should not be closed by the list of given tags (as it is now), but open, in the way that any "tag" could be written and accepted. Also "thematic/tag" point should work only among the member's personal account, not among all members of the Numista community. Please describe more about your discussion on "update to address the "thematic/tag" point" and the possible way and why it was not accepted by Numista administration team.

Best regards

Ugis
Quote: "konduktors"
QuotePlease describe more about your discussion on "update to address the "thematic/tag" point" and the possible way and why it was not accepted by Numista administration team.

​I thought it was accepted? :.

Or are you going on about something totally different here?
Quote: "konduktors"
Quote: "pejounet"​Hi Ugis,
​​
​​If I understand correctly given your example with tanks (i.e. assigning some sort of tags to coins to have kind of customized list), I would tend to say no because another solution might be better. ;)
​​
​​We already discussed some update to address the "thematic/tag" point. There would be some possible way to mark a coin through some sort of tagging/management system within the collection itself. I guess this would better solve your problem here.
​Thank you for your comment, PJ!

​Lately, we have seen at Numista webpage that tagging is possible by using the coin adding/ modifying tool. Do you mean the same by your word "thematic/tag point"? Probably not. If yes, it should not be closed by the list of given tags (as it is now), but open, in the way that any "tag" could be written and accepted. Also "thematic/tag" point should work only among the member's personal account, not among all members of the Numista community. Please describe more about your discussion on "update to address the "thematic/tag" point" and the possible way and why it was not accepted by Numista administration team.

​Best regards

​Ugis
​Hi Ugis,

Yes the idea is for a member to make kind of a custom list within its own account (i.e. not across members).
The tag function implemented recently is part of the solution and is a prerequisite to the solution to your question.
Note: your idea was not rejected ;) it is just pending for the moment as incremental updates needed are not all done to allow a solution to your question.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Hi,

More than once I have suggested this search on both PRIVATE and PUBLIC comments.

In this case it is noticed that the "Numista referee for this country" can add some information (questions) on this comment-fields too.
Searching for those comment(s) (AND noticed by a specific way) is very, very necessary!
TOPIC -->> mentioned here https://en.numista.com/forum/topic71582.html#p581364
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Quote: "el182592"​Hi,

​More than once I have suggested this search on both PRIVATE and PUBLIC comments.

​In this case it is noticed that the "Numista referee for this country" can add some information (questions) on this comment-fields too.
​Searching for those comment(s) (AND noticed by a specific way) is very, very necessary!
​TOPIC -->> mentioned here https://en.numista.com/forum/topic71582.html#p581364
This is different from public and private comments; this text is part of a coin file itself (comments of the mintage lines). Any member can submit a modification to be approved by referee while public or private comments are your comments that can be written/modified by a member only for its own collection.
Quote: "pejounet"
Quote: "el182592"​Hi,
​​
​​More than once I have suggested this search on both PRIVATE and PUBLIC comments.
​​
​​In this case it is noticed that the "Numista referee for this country" can add some information (questions) on this comment-fields too.
​​Searching for those comment(s) (AND noticed by a specific way) is very, very necessary!
​​TOPIC -->> mentioned here https://en.numista.com/forum/topic71582.html#p581364
​This is different from public and private comments; this text is part of a coin file itself (comments of the mintage lines). Any member can submit a modification to be approved by referee while public or private comments are your comments that can be written/modified by a member only for its own collection.
​This comment is put on the wrong topic!!
Look at the link for that other topic about REFEREE's adding info to those fields (including partial screen-prints)!
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 3-Oct-2019, 22:12)
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 15-Oct-2019, 22:11)
Hello,
This has been implemented. There is a new "My comment" search criteria on the top of the list of your coins. It is available only for users who didn't chose the "old" collection management system. The implementation is quite basic at the moment. Feel free to share feedback if the search within your personal comments is not working as you would expect.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 23:36.