Thanks for participating - Win your pass for Museum of Paris!

37 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hello,

As planned, a serie of 10 small games/questions is running from May 25th to June 15th with prize for each game being a pass for the Museum of Monnaie de Paris. Pass valid until 2019, April 3.

Each game lasts for 2 days, rules are detailed at top of each page game.

The links for each game will be posted here and will also be accessible from Numista homepage.
Results are posted on the game page the day after it ends.

1st game winner - Payet
2nd game winner - adanieluy
3rd game winner - monéphil
4th game winner - escoins
5th game winner - ludcor
6th game winner - doc_man
7th game winner - ylcnerdem
8th game winner - Chech
9th game winner - Cycnos
10th game winner - François_le_Français
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I'm from the United States. Does the pass expire?
Quote: "RSGokhale"​I'm from the United States. Does the pass expire?
​Pass is valid for a year.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Quote: "pejounet"
Quote: "RSGokhale"​I'm from the United States. Does the pass expire?
​​Pass is valid for a year.
​Okay thanks :`
2nd game has started here
How should we answer if there are multiple possible answers?
Quote: "CassTaylor"​How should we answer if there are multiple possible answers?
​There aren't multiple answers.
If several possible answers, any answer will be considered valid as long as the design of the coin of your answer is identical to the coin of the picture. (Note added below the picture on game page)

Pick one choice and give the details for your choice as required and if it fits, you'll be part of the pool for the draw. ;)
Quote: "pejounet"​If several possible answers, any answer will be considered valid as long as the design of the coin of your answer is identical to the coin of the picture. (Note added below the picture on game page)

​Pick one choice and give the details for your choice as required and if it fits, you'll be part of the pool for the draw. ;)
​Great, thanks!
When/how will you announce the winner. Will it be a PM or through this topic?
Quote: "RSGokhale"​When/how will you announce the winner. Will it be a PM or through this topic?
​It ill be posted on the page of the contest, posted on this thread (at top, right after the game page link) and the winner will receive a PM.
Results of 1st game will be posted tomorrow (May 29). Others will be posted the day after the game ends.
Winner of the 1st game is: Payet.

Results are available on the game page (link at top of this thread).
@pejounet

Perhaps the title should be edited to say 3rd game is currently on?
Greetings pejounet,
The coin contests always say "results on date" but it is always one day later. On what exact time do the results be released? Thank you very much.

Best,
SRL
@PJ

Thanks for fixing the title;
I don't mean to be that person but maybe you could define what you mean by "ruler of the issuer"? It's not that big of a deal because that's just an option out of three in part c) that you could choose to answer from, but maybe change it to something like "ruler coin is/can be attributed to".
Loving this game. Love treasure hunts :8D
Collector of Third Reich coins (1933 - 1946), and Australian coins.
Not swapping at this time.
Do the questions go from easy to hard. Because at the third game, I was toast, same with this forth!
Quote: "RSGokhale"​Do the questions go from easy to hard. Because at the third game, I was toast, same with this forth!
​I don't think so.... No 2 was definitely harder than No 3.
No 5 is the hardest so far :/
Is it just me or are the results for game 2 and 3 not up?
Quote: "RSGokhale"​Is it just me or are the results for game 2 and 3 not up?
​Nope, not just you...
Hi,
sorry for the delay 8~, flooding in my area caused network and power outages preventing me from connecting to post results earlier. No worries, all answers were still collected correctly as games were all set up to run automatically.

Results are online for the first 5 games and updated at top of this thread! :wiz:

6th game is up here.
On which basis the winner is selected
Quote: "ramiamin"​On which basis the winner is selected
Random draw from the pool gathering all members who gave a correct answer.
😊
Quote: "ramiamin"​It' in fair same people have 5 right answer and new 6 and who have 1 right win not fair
There is not much I can do as what you don't like is the format itself (cumulated results vs. simple results) but not the fairness of the format:

1. Rules haven't change from the beginning - fair.
2. Everything is written on each game page from the beginning, even the draw part - fair.
3. 1 game = 1 chance to participate = 1 chance to be part of the draw = 1 chance to win a ticket i.e. 10 chances to win - fair.
4. limit of 1 win per member, also written on each game page - fair.

Format is set with simple results for these games. Maybe for future games some might be set using cumulated format.
Results of the 6th game are available.

And here we go with the 7th game.
Congratulations
I've put in a few right answers and I think the format of the game is about right (smiles) You have to guess right to get into the draw. Simple as that really.

A few have got me stumped. i wonder if at the end of the comp you may consider posting all the pics we had to guess with, and then the right answers.
Collector of Third Reich coins (1933 - 1946), and Australian coins.
Not swapping at this time.
8th game running right here.
Quote: "Kipsley"​A few have got me stumped. i wonder if at the end of the comp you may consider posting all the pics we had to guess with, and then the right answers.
For now I post results on the game page and include a sentence stating which part of the coin is pictured in the question. I will sum this up in one post here at the end.
Anyone know where I can see the result for the 7nd game ?
beast reg
rami
Quote: "ramiamin"​Anyone know where I can see the result for the 7nd game ?
​beast reg
​rami
https://en.numista.com/concours/concours.php?id=13

List of others who answered correctly doesn't seem to have been posted yet as of this reply though.
Thanks my friend
Hello,

thank you to all members who participated! I hope you enjoyed and for the winners, we hope you will enjoy your prize!

If you have any comments/feedback about these games or any idea(s) for potential future games, feel free to send me a PM and let me know! ;)

1st game winner - Payet
2nd game winner - adanieluy
3rd game winner - monéphil
4th game winner - escoins
5th game winner - ludcor
6th game winner - doc_man
7th game winner - ylcnerdem
8th game winner - Chech
9th game winner - Cycnos
10th game winner - François_le_Français
Congratulations for all win

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:27.