separate "numismatic free discussion" from "other-than-numismatic free discussion" forum

3 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
The free discussion forum is the only place to post threads about coins other than "questions" and "identify this".
can we have a third, maybe "general threads about coins" forum that is not the "free discussion" forum, so that that free discussion forum can be free to go on about topics other than coins without constantly bumping in to people trying to talk about coins.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
I don't really think there's any pressing need for that... I mean, Free Discussion means a hodgepodge of basically everything that doesn't fit into any of the other categories specifically, so whether it's numismatic-related or not, if it doesn't belong better elsewhere, Free Discussion is where it should go.

It doesn't really matter IMO if a topic in Free Discussion doesn't fit anywhere, is numismatic or not or anywhere in between... us being a coin site, I think having a forum to specifically not discuss coins would be kinda redundant.
Hello,
There are no plans to split the free discussion forum.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:41.