Jefferson Wartime Nickel

20 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I'm just interested to know why every precious metal coin is listed a certain way example Silver(.999) but with the US war nickels that have a silver makeup of silver (.350) the referee insist on keeping listed as copper silver and manganese shouldn't he follow suit with the rest of the catalog so that it will count for our silver weight?

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces45.html

I would appreciate if a admin can get him to fix this since he continues to deny my request?

Matt
@Matt

I'm absolutely agreed with you. Did the referee give any reason for the rejection?
You could make it like for this sorry excuse of a "silver" coin
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3550.html
but I don't know when Numista stops counting silver ... could be 30%
Quote: "CassTaylor"​@Matt

​I'm absolutely agreed with you. Did the referee give any reason for the rejection?
​He rejected it and all he said was sorry but current value is correct. Ok I'm sure that is the makeup but if that's the case then I guess we should redo the entire catalog. I've seen tons of coins listed the proper way with less than 35% silver so I don't think there is a minimum.

Matt
I think Idolenz was referring to the point on a fineness scale when a Numista page stops showing "silver bullion value" at the bottom of a page.

But yeah, I'd definitely agree with listing it your way.
I hope one of the catalog admins will take care of this since going through the referee on a power trip seems to be pointless.

Matt
Matt you are right...since the Mexican Peso that is .300 and the other that is .100 are listed that way there must be no rule against it and the Wartime Nickel should be .350. On any website that shows melt values, you can get the nickel one too so the silver value should be here too I would imagine.
It should really be Silver (.350)

I thought the limit was exactly 0.100 but I guess it is 0.101 actually.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​It should really be Silver (.350)

​I thought the limit was exactly 0.100 but I guess it is 0.101 actually.
​Can you make the adjustments for it since I have already tried and the referee shot me down saying it was correct already? Also maybe shoot him a message and let him know that he was not correct.

Matt
I will be home tommorow evening, so I will check then and make request.
Catalogue administrator
Submitted again and turned down again! I guess I'll just keep on doing it until he gets it.

Matt
This is the problem with letting the referees run their country how they want, there's no consistency across the catalogue.
What? Me Worry
Quote: "neilithicman"​This is the problem with letting the referees run their country how they want, there's no consistency across the catalogue.
​Hear Hear!
Quote: "neilithicman"​This is the problem with letting the referees run their country how they want, there's no consistency across the catalogue.
​I second that 100%..... maybe if more than just I send change request to him for it he will get the idea.

Matt
Did you send a personnal message to the referee to explain your opinion ? If so, link this trade to him.
Sent request as well. Are there more coins done this way in US catalogue?
Catalogue administrator
Still hasn't been corrected maybe if he's not active he should be replaced?
Matt
Did we give up on this?
I still have pending request but looks like the admin don't care to fix it?

Matt
It seems someone accepted the change now.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:09.