Australian Lunar Year of the Dog coin [solved]

7 posts
This coin doesn't seem to be in the database. A different variant is available in the database but not this one. How are they added?
I don't understand your point, the coin of your coincard is the coin of Numista file. ??
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Quote: "pejounet"​I don't understand your point, the coin of your coincard is the coin of Numista file. ??
​The coin in the database is silver in colour and the one I have is golden.
Quote: "Ferrody"
Quote: "pejounet"​I don't understand your point, the coin of your coincard is the coin of Numista file. ??
​​The coin in the database is silver in colour and the one I have is golden.
​Colour is tricky on pictures, the metal composition itself is the relevant part. Your coin and the file's one are made of Aluminium-bronze and are the same. Here are details of the coin on Australian mint website stating metal and other details.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Your coin and the coin on Numista are the same. The silver appearance is caused by the lighting used when the photograph was taken.
Archaeology student and coin and medal collector
Check out my Instagram account @Australian_Coin_Info
https://instagram.com/australian_coin_info/
Quote: "Australian Coin Info"​Your coin and the coin on Numista are the same. The silver appearance is caused by the lighting used when the photograph was taken.
​Thank you very much!
Yes - I took that picture and uploaded it. It can be tricky to get a good photo sometimes due to different lighting conditions. I usually try to take them outside in muted light (Overcast conditions) but sometimes it might be a very sunny day.

Here in Brisbane the sun can be very strong, we are the sun cancer capital of the world, and Queensland is known as the Sunshine State. So depending on the conditions when I take the photo there will be differences in colour.

Cheers Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:51.