Menu

Privacy update

12 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 37
Downvotes: 0
There are few things which concern me and perhaps they can be changed:

1. At the moment, if you choose to show your collection to everyone, it's visible to everybody on the Internet. I would limit the visibility to registered members only.

2. The same with the forum - I would limit internal topics like Swap/Trade, Free Discussion, MPCC and so on only to registered members. Or maybe is it a good idea to limit the whole forum?

3. In general, there's too much private data around here, it would be nice if user profiles were visible only to registered members and not everyone on the Internet.

What do you think?
ROMAE AETERNAE
Would keep numismatic forum parts open as to show the strength of the site to non members: active fora and knowledgeable users.

Agree with the rest
Just call me Bram
Agreeing with BramVB. Yes to #1 and #3. No to #2.

I would not be on Numista if I had not first discovered the Forums when Googling some of my coins for more info.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Yes to #1 and #3. No to #2.
Swapping makes a change!
Yes to 1 and 3, 2 may need to be edited a bit before I agree.
I collect anything: If it's Italian or Italian states i collect it even more!
I agree with the others here; 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 may be a bit too draconian....

Maybe have a few forums like MPCC, Swaps and Trades, and maybe also Numista website/catalogue as invisible to non-members, but leave the other forums public for everyone to see?
It's my own opinion and doesn't necessarily reflect any of other team members. Of course we should discuss this topic and make a conclusion.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "CassTaylor"​I agree with the others here; 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 may be a bit too draconian....

​Maybe have a few forums like MPCC, Swaps and Trades, and maybe also Numista website/catalogue as invisible to non-members, but leave the other forums public for everyone to see?

Yes, looks fine to me. General topics like 'Coin Identification' and so on should be open, while I don't want everyone on the Internet to see what we are trading/swapping.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"
Quote: "CassTaylor"​I agree with the others here; 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 may be a bit too draconian....
​​
​​Maybe have a few forums like MPCC, Swaps and Trades, and maybe also Numista website/catalogue as invisible to non-members, but leave the other forums public for everyone to see?
​​
​Yes, looks fine to me. General topics like 'Coin Identification' and so on should be open, while I don't want everyone on the Internet to see what we are trading/swapping.
​Thanks, Oleg!

In my opinion, the forums should be exactly like this:

Numismatic questions - Public
Coin identifications and valuations - Public
Swaps and trades - Members only
Banknotes - Public
Numista catalog - Members only
Numista website - Members only
Free discussion - Public (perhaps Members only? worth discussing)
Referees - Referees only
Numista team - Numista team only

The last two are already the way they should be, and I feel whether Free discussion should be public or members only could be up for debate.
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "druzhynets"

​​​
​​​Maybe have a few forums like MPCC, Swaps and Trades, and maybe also Numista website/catalogue as invisible to non-members, but leave the other forums public for everyone to see?
​​​
​​Yes, looks fine to me. General topics like 'Coin Identification' and so on should be open, while I don't want everyone on the Internet to see what we are trading/swapping.
​​Thanks, Oleg!

​In my opinion, the forums should be exactly like this:

​Numismatic questions - Public
​Coin identifications and valuations - Public
​Swaps and trades - Members only
​Banknotes - Public
​Numista catalog - Members only
​Numista website - Members only
​Free discussion - Public (perhaps Members only? worth discussing)
​Referees - Referees only
​Numista team - Numista team only

​The last two are already the way they should be, and I feel whether Free discussion should be public or members only could be up for debate.
​How would newcomers ask about Numista, then? Interesting suggestion and I agree with the rest you said.
All coins are equal, but some coins are more equal than others.
:°
ROMAE AETERNAE
Hello,

You can now better select who can see your coins and your profile.

This is available via the new panel "Privacy settings" in your account settings. For each category of information (collection statistics, coin collection, banknote collection, last access date, rest of the profile), you can choose whether the information should be visible to everyone, only to registered members or only to you.

By default, the profiles are now visible only by registered members.
Status changed to Started (Xavier, 20-Jun-2020, 06:45PM)

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 04:02AM.