1891 British half crown [solved]

9 posts
Hi All.

I came across this 1891 British half crown for sale. Unfortunately I have no idea of the coin's weight etc and I was just curious what the experts thought of it's authenticity. The asking price is ridiculous so I wont be bidding for it anyway.

https://www.adverts.ie/coins/great-britain-1891-half-crown-victoria-silver-coin/14445490

Many thanks
I don't see any problem with it's authenticity at all.
If anyone would know you would. Thank you CassTaylor. The coin just looked a bit iffy to me. Just proves my instincts are way off.
Quote: "ellemerob"​If anyone would know you would. Thank you CassTaylor. The coin just looked a bit iffy to me. Just proves my instincts are way off.
​Well, don't be quite so self-deprecating actually; when I looked up close I did see also some "iffyness" myself, mostly in the form of the details on the collar and parts of the shield; but ultimately I dismissed them as more likely the result of wear. Still, I'm quite confident the coin is real (but tragically overpriced).

Glad I could help! :`
Overpriced. That I did know. :D Thanks again.
Coin looks good and the seller had very positive feedback....
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
It's real but they missed a decimal point in the price!
The K&M catalog value for this coin is $50 in VF, $150 in XF. I would grade this as a VF+, although closer to VF than XF. It is probably overpriced, but perhaps not absurdly so.
Lol

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:39.