Menu

Collections other than numismatica

22 posts

» Quick access to the last post

turntostone
Like most collectors I collect/have collected a number of things.

Here are some examples of the various collecting fields

1. Pot lids [19th to early 20th century]

2. Buckles [13th to 18th century]

3. Postal stationery [19th to early 20th century]

What do others have?
Gordon
Collect what you like and like what you collect.
Remember you are only the custodian of you collection, its only yours for your lifetime.
CassTaylor
Apart from coins, I actively collect banknotes, stamps, military medals, vintage literature, and really anything else that happens to catches my fancy. My collection, my rules, no? (8

I'm no longer active in buying stamps (kind of lost interest after I got a penny black) and nowadays my only stamps are the ones I get for free with coins, or the ones on Ebay packages that I like to cut out and keep (not usually worth anything, but seems like a shame to throw them away with the envelope).

Military medals (not really interested in civilian ones) I only come across at a reasonable price once in a blue moon, and even then I usually divert my resources to coins and banknotes, which medals certainly take a secondary status to.

For old books, I started a topic on that a while back, and I enjoy reading them, although anything with fancy binding is going to be expensive. Instead I often buy paperbacks, usually if they're historically interesting (e.g. political pamphlets from the Revolution).
Roublizer
Other than coins I collect:

Guns and vintage ammo
Bayonets
Militaria (particularly headgear)
Patches (authentic and fantasy/fictitious)
Banknotes
Minerals
Fossils
Skulls

I would like to collect artifacts but my money is already spread thin enough.

I guess I also have an accumulation of books, but hardly enough to call it a collection.
Buying gold and electrum coins 700bc-1950ad
Muenzenhamster is a healthy part of our community and should not be censored
GiannaReggio
Also myself collect many other things:
  • cook books (in Italian, English, French, Spanish and portugueise)
  • Mystery books
  • coffe makers
  • egg carriers
  • small glasses for sweet liquors (rosolio)
  • electronic hotel room keys
  • airplane safety instruction cards
  • resturants cards.
Moreover, I keep also if I don't collect, and so I am ready to swap for coins (ask for a list)
  • banknotes
  • tickets (transports, exibitions, musems)
  • tokens
  • lapel pin
  • phone cards
Gianna
CirculableCoins
i_getsov
I have quite a big collection of QSL cards,and some IRC coupons too.
If somebody have pre-1945 ones for swap,I'm interested:)
ebec89
I collect postage stamps, banknotes, 78 rpm records and video games from the Atari 2600 era to today (1977- present for all my non-gamer friends).
Monninen1
1. Stamps. Not as actively as coins.
2. Banknotes. Rarely.
3. Old objects, pre-1917. Rarely.
4. Keys. Only one to go until I have a "full" key collection.
neilithicman
I have a functional collection of frisbee golf discs that I use for playing. I'm up to about 25 of them now.

I also have a collection of semi precious stones (Jade, topaz, agate, jasper, etc) some I've found, some I've picked up from the local rock hunters club fairs and some I've bought from rock shops.
What? Me Worry
pietr
I collect:

- Stamps (see here)
- Beer mats (see here)
- Postcards (cities) (see here)
- Postcards (advertising) (see here)
- Sticker albuns (see here)
- Banknotes
and some other stuff, but not actively.
See more at http://collectcasais.blogspot.pt/

Add on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/collect.casais.7
Eerovisser
Besides coins and banknotes, I collect anything from Ping. For people who don't know. Ping is a golf brand founded by Karsten Solheim. Both my kids have golf related names. My daughter who is 11 is named after Annika Sorenstam. They share the same birthday. My son is named after Karsten Solheim. I have every single Ping iron ever made since the first one came out in 1961. About 55 putters and lots of other stuff.
neilithicman
Quote: "Eerovisser"​Besides coins and banknotes, I collect anything from Ping. For people who don't know. Ping is a golf brand founded by Karsten Solheim. Both my kids have golf related names. My daughter who is 11 is named after Annika Sorenstam. They share the same birthday. My son is named after Karsten Solheim. I have every single Ping iron ever made since the first one came out in 1961. About 55 putters and lots of other stuff.
​Wow, I'm nowhere close on disc golf stuff but I'm making a start B.
What? Me Worry
Eerovisser
CassTaylor
Quote: "Monninen1"​4. Keys. Only one to go until I have a "full" key collection.
​Out of curiosity, what constitutes a "full" key collection?
Monninen1
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "Monninen1"​​4. Keys. Only one to go until I have a "full" key collection.
​​Out of curiosity, what constitutes a "full" key collection?
​I'm a bit late, but the "key collection" I want isn't very big. It includes:

1. One modern key - Done
2. One key from the 1980s - Done
3. One key from the 1940s - Done
4. One key from the late 19th century/early 20th century - Done
5. One key from the late 18th century/ early/middle 19th century - Done
6. A key over 1000 years of age - Not done
PhilipBe

started with matchbox....
Never stopped.....
Moneytane
Stamps - Major collections NZ and most British commonwealth countries

Nearly all on pages like this (Self printed and professional web albums)

Prince stuff - Music, books and ephemera related to Prince (1958 - 2016) the greatest Musician that ever lived

Books in general - particularly NZ history, Gay issues, Maori issues, Archaeology, History and Architecture

Old Records - 78s, 45s etc.
I love coins, both old and precious and also change coins. If its round and shiny, it will garner my interest. I also collect stamps and have an abiding interest in History, Archaeology,  and Social Issues.  I also worship the musical god Prince.
limeni
Other than coins, I collect:

Military and police patches
Silver coins were among the first coins ever used, thousands of years ago. The silver standard was used for centuries in many places of the world. And the use of silver for coins, instead of other materials, has many reasons.
ashlobo Numista team
Since 2016, I started collecting fridge magnets of places/cities I’ve been to. Recently made space on the wall to display my collection once it became too much for the fridge lol

Outings administrator
HongKongCoinCollector
I've posted this on the discord as well, but I have a modest collection of various space and space-related hardware. I'm a big space nut and I like collecting parts of space history. I'm only looking for a part that actually had a practical function during the space mission- a pin that was carried to space for the sole purpose of selling to collectors after getting home doesn't cut it.
Most of the items in my collection have been to space, and all of them were once part of a spacecraft. Only one part's never actually been on a mission, and that's part of a Soviet 2nd generation Buran shuttle that was about 10% complete by the time the USSR fell. I'm unable to verify whether my piece of a graphite rudder from a V2/A4 ever actually went to space, but everything else has been.

Current inventory:
Buran thermal tile from Orbiter 2.03
Graphite rudder fragment from V2/A4
Small piece of kapton foil from Apollo 11 Command Module
Large fragment of Japanese H-IIB rocket fairing (Flight 3)
Small shavings of bolt used to seal the hatch of Vostok 1

Looking for bits and pieces of the Chinese and Indian space programs. The Chinese are notoriously secretive about their space program even today, and the only bit that I've ever seen is a bit of rocket skin that currently resides in the Hong Kong Space Museum that was donated by the Chinese government. Grand prize would be something from a really obscure/secretive program, for example a South Korean KSLV, Israeli Shavit, Iranian Simorgh, Ukrainian Zenit, North Korean Taepodong or Unha. If I ever get any one of these, it'll likely be the crown jewel of my collection.

I'm hoping that in the future I'll get enough money to buy entire rockets and spacecraft and make a museum. Russia's got a few dozen used Soyuz capsules just lying around in Kazakhstan, don't think they'd mind if I take one of them off their hands... :love:
Often things turn up in unexpected places.
Keep looking! ;-)
COINMAN1
The photograph is for a previous member, Roublizer, who commented earlier of his love for ammunition.

This is mine.

As you can see at the bottom of the photograph, I collect I few other bits too
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
Cerulean
I have over 2,700 books!
- by author: Clive Cussler, Dave Barry, Harry Turtledove, Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain, Jack London
- by subject: submarines, time travel, American Revolution, Pacific theater of WW2- My oldest book was published in Dublin in 1795.

78rpm records: I have over 800. Most of them are from the 1940s, but they cover the entire 1905-1955 range. The collection includes complete albums, foreign releases, and first editions from Glenn Miller and Frank Sinatra. Stamps: 3,500 of these. This is my youngest collection, and the one I put the least effort into. I have absorbed a few whole collections and bulk lots.
Boardgames: I have over 500 of them. Most are modern (1993-present), but the oldest ones are from the 1950s. I have a particular fondness for classic Asian games like mahjong and go.
​​​​​
HongKongCoinCollector
Quote: "COINMAN1"​The photograph is for a previous member, Roublizer, who commented earlier of his love for ammunition.

​This is mine.

​As you can see at the bottom of the photograph, I collect I few other bits too
​I wish we could do that here in HK- no, not even spent cases. 14 years in jail.
Often things turn up in unexpected places.
Keep looking! ;-)

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 04:52PM.