MPBC 2018 - SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES!

21 posts

» Quick access to the last post

How about Most Popular Banknote Contest?

Submit your entries until the end of October to me ;)
What I need:
  • clear photos of the obverse and reverse
  • short description (country, nominal value, currency): Ukraine - 10 Hryven 2015

There will be 8 categories: Australia/Oceania, Asia, N. America, S. America, Africa, Europe, pre-1945 (bonus category) and fantasy issues (bonus category)

8 winners will then take part in the finals!

Good luck
ROMAE AETERNAE
Are there any size preferences of the pics? And do we send them as regular PMs?
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​Are there any size preferences of the pics? And do we send them as regular PMs?
The same format as photos that have already been posted on other threads.

Yes, regular PMs.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"
Quote: "ngdawa"​Are there any size preferences of the pics? And do we send them as regular PMs?
​The same format as photos that have already been posted on other threads.

​Yes, regular PMs.
​i mean, banknotes are bigger than coins, so if the pic size is the same for banknotes as for coins, it will be very small pics..
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"

​​The same format as photos that have already been posted on other threads.
​​
​​Yes, regular PMs.
​​i mean, banknotes are bigger than coins, so if the pic size is the same for banknotes as for coins, it will be very small pics..
​I meant the same sizes as in the thread like this: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic73583.html
And the photo banknote needs to be cropped
ROMAE AETERNAE

​​

​​​The same format as photos that have already been posted on other threads.
​​​
​​​Yes, regular PMs.
​​​i mean, banknotes are bigger than coins, so if the pic size is the same for banknotes as for coins, it will be very small pics..
​​I meant the same sizes as in the thread like this: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic73583.html
​And the photo banknote needs to be cropped
​ah, yes..of course, sorry! z|
I'm actually going to get my entries scanned for once. B)
Could you please define popular a little better? Stuff we own in our collection like a favorites kind of thing? What bill is used the most? Do they have to be issued in 2018?
Quote: "blue-m"​Could you please define popular a little better? Stuff we own in our collection like a favorites kind of thing? What bill is used the most? Do they have to be issued in 2018?
​Oh, he means a mini-competition like the Most Popular Coin Contest:
https://en.numista.com/forum/forum17.html

but for banknotes; they can be from any country or any time period. People will vote on them once the contest opens, just like for the coins in MPCC.
Quote: "druzhynets"​​There will be 8 categories: Australia/Oceania, Asia, N. America, S. America, Africa, Europe, pre-1945 (bonus category) and fantasy issues (bonus category)

​just to make it super clear: is it allowed to post pre-1945 notes even in other categories, or will these note be strictly sorted to the pre-1945 category? (maybe this question is mostly for cass's sake :P)
Yes, it is allowed to post pre-1945 notes even in other categories (8
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"​​There will be 8 categories: Australia/Oceania, Asia, N. America, S. America, Africa, Europe, pre-1945 (bonus category) and fantasy issues (bonus category)

​​just to make it super clear: is it allowed to post pre-1945 notes even in other categories, or will these note be strictly sorted to the pre-1945 category? (maybe this question is mostly for cass's sake :P)
:D

That's good, I was undecided between two notes for my Europe entry, and now I can enter one in Europe and one in pre-1945. Now to decide which goes where.... :8D
I am happy to say that we already have 2 contestants who submitted their banknotes for the competition!
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"​I am happy to say that we already have 2 contestants who submitted their banknotes for the competition!
​i'm gonna need some time, but if the deadline is in the end if october, i might be able to make it :)

if there are two entries of the same note, will the second guy be notified to change?
Quote: "druzhynets"​I am happy to say that we already have 2 contestants who submitted their banknotes for the competition!
​​i'm gonna need some time, but if the deadline is in the end if october, i might be able to make it :)

​if there are two entries of the same note, will the second guy be notified to change?
​emmm... no! ;) You shouldn't depend on anyone else
ROMAE AETERNAE

​​​i'm gonna need some time, but if the deadline is in the end if october, i might be able to make it :)
​​
​​if there are two entries of the same note, will the second guy be notified to change?
​​emmm... no! ;) You shouldn't depend on anyone else
Yeah, that's just going to be unfortunate I'm afraid..... :(

I remember we had two Peruvian sols in one round of this year's MPCC as well that went up against each other.

Quote: "CassTaylor"

​​

​​​​i'm gonna need some time, but if the deadline is in the end if october, i might be able to make it :)
​​​
​​​if there are two entries of the same note, will the second guy be notified to change?
​​​emmm... no! ;) You shouldn't depend on anyone else
​I remember we had two Peruvian sols in one round of this year's MPCC as well that went up against each other.

well, ​that's what i mean! a round like that is just pointless, both for those who are voting, and for those who added it..if the second would've gotten a pm reading "this coin is already added", he could've chosen another one..
Well, the coins very from the same type, but technically those were two different objects.

If you REALLY want me to let you know whether the same type has already been submitted, I can go for that
ROMAE AETERNAE
OK, that's a fair point too. :`
I see what you mean now.

@Oleg
Maybe you could make this announcement on the Free Discussion forums of both the EN and FR sides as well? Thanks!
Quote: "CassTaylor"​OK, that's a fair point too. :`
​I see what you mean now.

​@Oleg
​Maybe you could make this announcement on the Free Discussion forums of both the EN and FR sides as well? Thanks!
Could you please notify the French side? ;)
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "CassTaylor"​OK, that's a fair point too. :`
​​I see what you mean now.
​​
​​@Oleg
​​Maybe you could make this announcement on the Free Discussion forums of both the EN and FR sides as well? Thanks!

​Could you please notify the French side? ;)
​Done, sent you a PM.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:31.