Pretty hard to concentrate on coins at the moment

14 posts

» Quick access to the last post

It's pretty hard to do anything with coins when you spend the last 5 days hiking, hunting and kayaking in scenery like this....

Man I love my country!

Although on a coin related note, I did unexpectedly find a Swiss 5 Rappen coin in the place we stayed at.
What? Me Worry
I have relatives In new Zealand, parents visited new Zealand ,everyone tells me what a great country it is, one day I will visit, was watching a tv programme about Maori art last week in new Zealand fascinating!.
nearly as good as Scotland!.
people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening
I haven't visited NZ myself since I was eight, but I would definitely not mind revisiting sometime. It's my personal favourite majority Anglophone country at the moment (although Canada is a close second!).

Although it's probably gonna have to wait until after I get settled for uni sometime next year; New Zealand is quite literally an antipode (opposite side of the globe, and therefore the furthest possible place from) of Western Europe:
In NZ you don't have chase down prey, you prey comes to you. I woke up one morning to find a mob of 9-10 wild goats right outside the place we were staying at. :D

What? Me Worry
Wild domestic goats ...

they look tasty, do you cook them right over a fire?
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Quote: "redsmithstudios"​Wild domestic goats ...

​they look tasty, do you cook them right over a fire?
​You've got to go curry. A nice slow cooked goat curry is awesome.
What? Me Worry
Sounds like you have your priorities in order.
I enjoy the outdoors over coins, and any of my other interests. Especially during the fall. I try to take a camera with me, when its not bothersome.
Quote: "neilithicman"
​​
​​they look tasty, do you cook them right over a fire?
​​You've got to go curry. A nice slow cooked goat curry is awesome.
I followed your advice re. goat eating and have to admit you were quite correct. Goat Vindaloo with jasmine rice is my regular Wednesday lunch on my way back from the morning fleamarket.

​It costs slightly less than a super sized double MacWhammy wormburger combo.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"

​​​
​​​they look tasty, do you cook them right over a fire?
​​​You've got to go curry. A nice slow cooked goat curry is awesome.
​I followed your advice re. goat eating and have to admit you were quite correct. Goat Vindaloo with jasmine rice is my regular Wednesday lunch on my way back from the morning fleamarket.

​​It costs slightly less than a super sized double MacWhammy wormburger combo.
Goat is the meat most widely eaten around the world, it's us westerners that insist on a hunk of dead cow.....not that there's anything wrong with a big slab of dead cow now and then ;)
What? Me Worry
Quote: "pnightingale"

​​

​​​​
​​​​they look tasty, do you cook them right over a fire?
​​​​You've got to go curry. A nice slow cooked goat curry is awesome.
​​I followed your advice re. goat eating and have to admit you were quite correct. Goat Vindaloo with jasmine rice is my regular Wednesday lunch on my way back from the morning fleamarket.
​​
​​​It costs slightly less than a super sized double MacWhammy wormburger combo.
​Goat is the meat most widely eaten around the world, it's us westerners that insist on a hunk of dead cow.....not that there's anything wrong with a big slab of dead cow now and then ;)
​I wish the Thai people were into eating goats. Thinking about goat vindaloo made my mouth water. Here in Esan territory I’m not even sure they know what goats are. Lol! Next trip to Bangkok will find me eating a nice slab of goat for sure.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​I haven't visited NZ myself since I was eight, but I would definitely not mind revisiting sometime. It's my personal favourite majority Anglophone country at the moment (although Canada is a close second!).

​Although it's probably gonna have to wait until after I get settled for uni sometime next year; New Zealand is quite literally an antipode (opposite side of the globe, and therefore the furthest possible place from) of Western Europe:
​I really don't understand why this map is vertically inverted...
Is it somehow supposed to help clarify the exact diametrically opposed point on the globe by eliminating the need to find the precise points of intersection of a diameter to the sphere by just overlaying the inverted flattened hemispheres?
On a more topic related note, Italians are not against goat at all!
LRC
I collect anything: If it's Italian or Italian states i collect it even more!
Quote: "loruca"
​​I really don't understand why this map is vertically inverted...
​Is it somehow supposed to help clarify the exact diametrically opposed point on the globe by eliminating the need to find the precise points of intersection of a diameter to the sphere by just overlaying the inverted flattened hemispheres?
​On a more topic related note, Italians are not against goat at all!
​LRC
You are quite correct, but either way, New Zealand is very very far away! (8 I didn't make the map, but here's a (slightly) better one; it still has all the projection issues faced by attempting to depict the surface of a sphere onto a 2D piece of paper though:

New Zealand (at least the North Island) is directly on the opposite side of the globe from approximately Spain, by the looks of it. These antipode maps also really make you aware of how much of the Earth's surface is water compared to land!
Nothing makes me more happier than reading Outdoor activities and Vindaloo in one post (my community’s culinary patrimoine!) - i have been sightseeing in Belgium, working out .. and yes a little bit of coins!
Outings administrator
Quote: "ashlobo"​Nothing makes me more happier than reading Outdoor activities and Vindaloo in one post

​I hear you on that one! :D
What? Me Worry

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:39.