Combine all Euros as one "Country" - Eurozone

17 posts

This message aims at: requesting the creation or the modification of a country in the catalogue

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hi!
I would like to suggest that all Euros are combine into one entry/catalogue/country. This suggestion has nothing to with "I want as many countries as possible" thoughts, it's just that like now, for instance, I've been travelling in Spain and got some spare coins. Some are new entries I didn't have before - new countries, and new dates. To add these in the ctalogue results in that I have to switch between five different catalgues. Wouldn't it be easier to just combine all euros into one catalgue, and then have sub-lists with the respective country? Then it would get much faster and smoother to add your euros, and also see how many euros you actually have, cuz I can't seperate the euros from, let's say, my Austrian Shillings.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I suggest all so called euro coins should be erased from the catalogue. Not any serious coin-lover will like those
euro-coins, or not? :°
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Quote: "yvon"​I suggest all so called euro coins should be erased from the catalogue. Not any serious coin-lover will like those
​ euro-coins, or not? :°
I personally don't like the euros. I don't like the U.S. coins either, but I would never word myself like that. That's just childish.

Everyone collects and admires whatever they like, and no serious collector of anything looks down on other peoples' collections!
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"
Quote: "yvon"​I suggest all so called euro coins should be erased from the catalogue. Not any serious coin-lover will like those
​​ euro-coins, or not? :°
​I personally don't like the euros. I don't like the U.S. coins either, but I would never word myself like that. That's just childish.

​Everyone collects and admires whatever they like, and no serious collector of anything looks down on other peoples' collections!
​I do not look down on anybody's collection. Everybody should collect what ever he/she like. But those euro-coins are not nice or interesting on numismatic way. And they represent a useless political system. But for
everybody who likes them : go ahead, why not...
Quote: "yvon"

​​​ euro-coins, or not? :°
​​I personally don't like the euros. I don't like the U.S. coins either, but I would never word myself like that. That's just childish.
​​
​​Everyone collects and admires whatever they like, and no serious collector of anything looks down on other peoples' collections!
​​I do not look down on anybody's collection. Everybody should collect what ever he/she like. But those euro-coins are not nice or interesting on numismatic way. And they represent a useless political system. But for
​ everybody who likes them : go ahead
, why not...
Why did you even reply on this topic?

​​

​​​​ euro-coins, or not? :°
​​​I personally don't like the euros. I don't like the U.S. coins either, but I would never word myself like that. That's just childish.
​​​
​​​Everyone collects and admires whatever they like, and no serious collector of anything looks down on other peoples' collections!
​​​I do not look down on anybody's collection. Everybody should collect what ever he/she like. But those euro-coins are not nice or interesting on numismatic way. And they represent a useless political system. But for
​​ everybody who likes them : go ahead
, why not...
​Why did you even reply on this topic?
​Why not? I think I made my point of view clear? But nobody has compulsary to agree with me. I think it is
a good thing someone said about this euro's what a lot of people only think.

​​

​​​
​​

​​​​​ euro-coins, or not? :°
​​​​I personally don't like the euros. I don't like the U.S. coins either, but I would never word myself like that. That's just childish.
​​​​
​​​​Everyone collects and admires whatever they like, and no serious collector of anything looks down on other peoples' collections!
​​​​I do not look down on anybody's collection. Everybody should collect what ever he/she like. But those euro-coins are not nice or interesting on numismatic way. And they represent a useless political system. But for
​​​ everybody who likes them : go ahead
, why not...
​​Why did you even reply on this topic?
​​Why not? I think I made my point of view clear? But nobody has compulsary to agree with me. I think it is
​ a good thing someone said about this euro's what a lot of people only think.
​That wasn't the question, though.
I think every European country's identity has been lost (in terms of coins) with the introduction of EU and Euro. There used to be 27 countries, with beautiful coins and their own history before they adopted Euro (excluding England). Now all of them have faceless coins. I think Euro coins should have their own "country" in the catalog. I apologize if I've hurt someone's feelings.
Gordon Gekko: Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market.
Sorry @ngdawa, you often have great ideas, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one... (;0

Putting all the Euro coins into one issuer might work moderately well for the normal trans-nationally circulating Euro coins (0,01 - 2€), but consider all the commemoratives, both circulating and not from 2€ up.

This coin is undoubtedly a French coin, as much as this common coin; with a whole face dedicated to a national motif of, well, France. Both are evidently identifiable as French through and through, despite what some might claim - so they ought to stay under the issuer that issued them.

By the way, if some must insist on soapboxing about the EU, then it's worth at least knowing that there are actually 19 countries in the Eurozone, not 27.
The currency may be the same, but the coins are issued by different countries. It's not commemoratives for the countries (like state quarters in the US), and so I see no reason to combine them.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​[...] @ngdawa, you often have great ideas,
​Oh, thank you! :D
Quote: "CassTaylor"​​Putting all the Euro coins into one issuer might work moderately well for the normal trans-nationally circulating Euro coins (0,01 - 2€), but consider all the commemoratives, both circulating and not from 2€ up.

This coin is undoubtedly a French coin, as much as this common coin; with a whole face dedicated to a national motif of, well, France. Both are evidently identifiable as French through and through, despite what some might claim - so they ought to stay under the issuer that issued them.
​Yes, of course they still belong to its own countries, no doubt about that. I'm more thinking a solution like German States and Germany (1871-1948) (the latter one I find really weird, but also is among the strongest argument). Use a roll-down list for the countries using the Euro.

It could be argued, a little extreme maybe but still, that the Euro are like the US State cents. Same "country" but different parts.
Quote: "Arusak"The currency may be the same, but the coins are issued by different countries. It's not commemoratives for the countries (like state quarters in the US), and so I see no reason to combine them.
You are, of course, absolutely right. Even though I mentioned the states quarters above, I think the EU is becoming more and more the Unites States of Europe, with free travelling and trades, with a committee deciding laws for all countries, and a court that handles cases from all of the EU. We also have ECB (European Central Bank) who issues the banknotes. So basically, the Eurozone has a central bank that prints the banknotes, but has spread out the striking of coins to smaller banks across the union. We could compare it to San Francisco mint, Philadelphia mint, and Denver mint, it you so like.
It would just make more sense to me to unite the euro in one catalogue.
Quote: "ngdawa"​It would just make more sense to me to unite the euro in one catalogue.
​I think what you want is an shortcut to easily access all the Euro coins in the catalogue?

Like when you said in your first post about not wanting to scroll down to the Euro section in Spain, then go back to the country list and have to scroll down to the Euro section in Italy, etc. ;)

I agree that would be very convenient, but moving all the Euro coins under a new issuer "Eurozone" is definitely not the way to do it IMO.
Quote: "Donkey"​I think every European country's identity has been lost (in terms of coins) with the introduction of EU and Euro. There used to be 27 countries, with beautiful coins and their own history before they adopted Euro (excluding England). Now all of them have faceless coins. I think Euro coins should have their own "country" in the catalog. I apologize if I've hurt someone's feelings.
​" (excluding England). "
United Kingdom my friend, there are no coins just from England anymore, the UK is Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland & England as one.
Just so you don't hurt someone's feeling X-D.
people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening
Let's look at things in face(s), more closely:
- the current Euros 0.01 to 2 €uros have indeed an identical common face but the other face is specific to each country of the Euro zone. Higher values ​​can only circulate in the sending country.
- The European Central Bank does not strike money, it regulates the emissions. €uros are issued by each member country, Germany having kept its five historical workshops. And it is the same for banknotes that seem to you all identical.
- There is no common government, neither for the Euro zone, nor for the European Union as it is the case for the United States or Great Britain.
- Why not group together all the dollars values or shillings that have the same face profile effigy in the world in one same entity?
BOINC
Status changed to Rejected (Jarcek, 14-Oct-2018, 18:20)
Quote: "CREPOSUC"​- Why not group together all the dollars values or shillings that have the same face profile effigy in the world in one same entity?
​Now you are just trying to get some douche bag point. Really irrelevant, childish, and unnecessary. T.T

How will we ever be able to discuss anything here when children are trying to play cool at the school yard? Seriously? :(
Quote: "Iainmac"
Quote: "Donkey"​I think every European country's identity has been lost (in terms of coins) with the introduction of EU and Euro. There used to be 27 countries, with beautiful coins and their own history before they adopted Euro (excluding England). Now all of them have faceless coins. I think Euro coins should have their own "country" in the catalog. I apologize if I've hurt someone's feelings.
​​" (excluding England). "
​United Kingdom my friend, there are no coins just from England anymore, the UK is Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland & England as one.
​Just so you don't hurt someone's feeling X-D.
​First of all - I am not your friend. Second - I know what UK stands for. You don't need to lecture me about this.
And by the way, I respect Englander's decision to abandon EU.
Gordon Gekko: Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market.
Locked. Try to have a discussion without it turning into an argument.
Topic locked (oggy, 15-Oct-2018, 06:13)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:01.