French Indo-Chine Piastre Dated 1718 I cant find anything about one this old [solved]

6 posts
Good afternoon!

I have come across a Republique Francaise Indo-Chine Piastre De Commerce. It is Dated 1718 and I can not find anything that this coin was minted that long ago. It weighs 25 grams and measures 38.4mm in diameter. Anyone have an idea if this is counterfeit or a special reproduction? Im confused..

Hello,

It's a modern Chinese counterfeited piastre.
I can't find the link of the other thread on the French side, but another backdated counterfeited piastre was posted few months ago.
Ultra fake.

Republique Française in 1718... Chineses counterfeiters are stupids.

Indochine Piastres are unfortunately known as the most counterfeit coins as they use to be considered by Chineses counterfeiters as highly wanted coins due to their rarety.

Today, this type is so copied that there are more fakes than reals one in the market...
Gaulois réfractaire –
Membre de l'APDTABDFM (Amicale Pour la Défense des Tranches A et B sur les Dix Francs Matthieu).
Are the fakes worth anything?

Thanks for the replies!
Quote: "jimc3597"​Are the fakes worth anything?

​Thanks for the replies!
​Nothing. They are moderns fakes... :~
Gaulois réfractaire –
Membre de l'APDTABDFM (Amicale Pour la Défense des Tranches A et B sur les Dix Francs Matthieu).
Status changed to Solved (jimc3597, 17-Oct-2018, 04:43)
Quote: "jimc3597"​Are the fakes worth anything?

​Thanks for the replies!
​There are collectors (like I am) for these forgeries/fakes/replicas, but the value is not much more than €1 or €2 (max).
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:43.