Did I purchase a 1918 Russia Armavir 5 Rubles fake?

8 posts
A few months ago I won this coin in an Ebay auction for 25 bucks. I didn't research the book value of the coin to realize it should be for more than that.

I'm guessing it is fake. Let me know what you guys think.

the world of fake/reproduction coins boggles the mind.
without really knowing I am going to say yes it is a reproduction, because there are so many, and the price, as you observe, is simply unbelievable.
looking a the Numista example https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces17952.html
and the NGC example https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/russian-caucasia-armavir-5-roubles-km-3-1918-cuid-1092546-duid-1529314

the part i dont like most is the neck feathers
others will call out other problems or not.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
It's a much better fake than the picture Numista shows of this coin. I hadn't looked at the one on here before, but it's actually quite embarrassing that someone allowed that now that I see it and Numista should have that one removed.

That said, it's also quite fake. The most blatantly obvious things that jump out to me are the size of the denticles and the space between them and the rim and the thickness of the rim . Also, the left side of the b in banka on the right of the obverse should more or less make a line to the end of the feathers if the size of the coat of arms was correct. An legitimate one that condition would cost you a few hundred at least. The 5 and 1 are the more faked of the 3, the 3 Rouble is the most likely to be found legitimately.
Quote: "Tovarich"​It's a much better fake than the picture Numista shows of this coin. I hadn't looked at the one on here before, but it's actually quite embarrassing that someone allowed that now that I see it and Numista should have that one removed.

​That said, it's also quite fake. The most blatantly obvious things that jump out to me are the size of the denticles and the space between them and the edge and the thickness of the edge. Also, the left side of the b in banka on the right of the obverse should more or less make a line to the end of the feathers if the size of the coat of arms was correct. An legitimate one that condition would cost you a few hundred at least. The 5 and 1 are the more faked of the 3, the 3 Rouble is the most likely to be found legitimately.
​Thank you I figured. This same is seller is currently selling a lovely looking Siberia 1768 10 Kopeks for 33 USK. That also seems suspicious, which reminded me of this purchase.

Can I post the current sale or does that violate forum rules?
Quote: "Tovarich"​It's a much better fake than the picture Numista shows of this coin. I hadn't looked at the one on here before, but it's actually quite embarrassing that someone allowed that

​it is not the only one on here.8.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Quote: "mickfinn"
Quote: "Tovarich"​It's a much better fake than the picture Numista shows of this coin. I hadn't looked at the one on here before, but it's actually quite embarrassing that someone allowed that now that I see it and Numista should have that one removed.
​​
​​That said, it's also quite fake. The most blatantly obvious things that jump out to me are the size of the denticles and the space between them and the edge and the thickness of the edge. Also, the left side of the b in banka on the right of the obverse should more or less make a line to the end of the feathers if the size of the coat of arms was correct. An legitimate one that condition would cost you a few hundred at least. The 5 and 1 are the more faked of the 3, the 3 Rouble is the most likely to be found legitimately.
​​Thank you I figured. This same is seller is currently selling a lovely looking Siberia 1768 10 Kopeks for 33 USK. That also seems suspicious, which reminded me of this purchase.

​Can I post the current sale or does that violate forum rules?
​I found it on ebay, every single item that seller has for sale is fake.
Yes, this is a fake. As well as the one on the photo on Numista Catalogue
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Hello,
Did someone make a request to remove the pics from our Numista sheet ?
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:18.