Problems with one swapper India

7 posts
I have the following problem. I exchanged with one person for $ 328. Sent him a coin. In this case, at the time of shipment, he is abroad. He promised to send me coins upon arrival home.
But there was an embarrassment. A letter with my coins was detained by the customs of the recipient country (India). As a result, my partner refuses to send me anything until he receives my coins. As a result, I became a hostage to the dishonesty of this person.
I have a similar problem. I have swap with a member in Israel by Registered Mail. He have receive my coins but don't rate me because the coins he send are in Portuguese costumes. I have send the paperwork to receive them. This is not a correct behaviour from the member. Best regards from Portugal.
Quote: "Eureka"​I have a similar problem. I have swap with a member in Israel by Registered Mail. He have receive my coins but don't rate me because the coins he send are in Portuguese costumes. I have send the paperwork to receive them. This is not a correct behaviour from the member. Best regards from Portugal.
​Maybe customs is the word you wanted to use?
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Quote: "yvon"
Quote: "Eureka"​I have a similar problem. I have swap with a member in Israel by Registered Mail. He have receive my coins but don't rate me because the coins he send are in Portuguese costumes. I have send the paperwork to receive them. This is not a correct behaviour from the member. Best regards from Portugal.
​​Maybe customs is the word you wanted to use?
​Yes, customs :)
As per rules laid by the Govt. of India, any antique and artefact , which is 100 years old. The person has to take the permission to send in out of India. I think the seller was not aware of this, and on the other hand you as a buyer should be more pro-active in knowing the rules laid by different countries.
What is the name of the Indian collector?
You must claim your package, at the post office of your population, so that it is returned to you.
Portugese Customs are well known to hold packages from outside the European Union for up to 3 months. I have sent coins there and the recipient did not receive them.

Then eventually Portugese Customs advised him they were holding a package for him and they would not release it until the sender (That's me) filled in form that he had to send to me via email which I emailed back to him after I filled it in and signed it.

I received his coins no problem at all. For him it was a total inconvenience and confirms that the Portugese Customs Service are a total and utter joke.

Cheers Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 13-Feb-2019, 05:03)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:25.