Menu

RUM Coin- first Gold Coin enclosed with the oldest RUM

» Quick access to the last post

Arkadiusz
This October marks the launch of the world’s first #RumCoin, which is enclosed with the oldest rum in the world – Harewood Rum 1780. Lux Coinand Mint of Poland have collaborated on this special project! The Rum Coin will be presented on October 20 during #RumFest in London.

What do you think ???
cheers
Arkadiusz
Choucas
Looks like an ad.. :°
Arkadiusz
I just wat to know your opinion because I found this coin and I think it could be interesting :)
yvon
It would be more intresting, if they give you the rum in a seperate bottle, if I may say...:°
...you can run,  but you can't hide...
Houseofham
Quote: "Arkadiusz"​I just wat to know your opinion because I found this coin and I think it could be interesting :)
​I think you will find that most people disagree. Though, the beauty of this hobby is that one needs not concern themselves with what others think one should collect.
HoH
ThePoet
I hate mint products like this. The coin is brilliant but it is only worth the bullion value of gold on the day it is sold. If you pay more you are being taken, unless you collect on the theme of ships or a liquor theme.
Choucas
Quote: "yvon"​It would be more intresting, if they give you the rum in a seperate bottle, if I may say...:°
Agree ! :O

Personally I don't have any interest in such coins. I prefer coins with a historical value (even faint), I believe that bullion coins like this are only sold to make profit. I can understand that people collect them but that's not what I'm looking for in coin collecting. :)
Arkadiusz
and what about limited edition it is only 300 coins..... this is not important??
kommodore
It's a normal mintage for new gold coins. Nothing special.
CassTaylor
Quote: "Arkadiusz"​and what about limited edition it is only 300 coins..... this is not important??
A lot of modern gold coins have low mintage numbers in the 1000s or even 100s, nothing special.

​Gotta agree with Choucas, perhaps it will be historically valuable in a few centuries but for now I've no interest in most coins issued since 1945.
Une Franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
Arkadiusz
do you think it could be good inwestment??
loruca
Quote: "Arkadiusz"
​do you think it could be good inwestment??
​Nope.
Not at all.
neverevereverever.
I collect anything: If it's Italian or Italian states i collect it even more!
Arkadiusz
why??
yvon
Quote: "Arkadiusz"​why??
​The only value is the gold-weight. And the rum, but I fear you will spill it by accident by taking it out...:8D
Arusak
​do you think it could be good inwestment??
​Sometimes these coins can be good investments, but generally it's a complete gamble. Most NCLT lose a lot of it's value after purchase, almost like a new car. But there are some that are gimmicky and get popular, like the Coke coins, and have good resale value. In general coins are not a great investment unless you buy extremely rare and expensive coins.
Chech
Quote: "Arusak"
​​do you think it could be good inwestment??
​​Sometimes these coins can be good investments, but generally it's a complete gamble. Most NCLT lose a lot of it's value after purchase, almost like a new car. But there are some that are gimmicky and get popular, like the Coke coins, and have good resale value. In general coins are not a great investment unless you buy extremely rare and expensive coins.
It could be a good investment if you can get one for melt. But the ones with premium are mainly just for profit.
I love Slavic coins.
just DM me if you would like to trade, I am currently looking for old Russian coins at the moment.
CassTaylor
The gimmicky-ness of the coin aside, does anyone know if this is the first/only coin that contains a liquid substance in it?

I actually think that's pretty cool, just not cool enough to pay melt value, let alone any premium above that for it.
loruca
Quote: "CassTaylor"​The gimmicky-ness of the coin aside, does anyone know if this is the first coin that contains a liquid substance in it?
​I've seen some compass coins before...
Maybe one of them did?
I'll edit this post to a forum link to Lamoneta.it where they make fun of this type of coin.
and No!
Tuvalu got there first in 2013 with a whiskey coin!
https://www.lamoneta.it/topic/96300-monete-super-extra-bizzarre-della-terra/?page=32
Arkadiusz
But this is only one coin, whole set has 3 coins with the oldest alcohol.
Maybe set is a godd investment???
what do you think ??
https://lux-coins.com/produkt/set/?lang=en
I can get a presale price so is less than you can see on website
CassTaylor
Quote: "Arkadiusz"​But this is only one coin, whole set has 3 coins with the oldest alcohol.
​Maybe set is a godd investment???
​what do you think ??
​I can get a presale price so is less than you can see on website
​22,500 euro! (;0

That is a ripoff even for a collector of NCLTs...... Definitely NOT a good investment!
loruca
:o
With 22.5 grand...
I know what I'm buying.
they're called Mutual funds.
And if it really has to be coins, I can buy most of VEIII's cold issues in MS!
Then talk about rarity!
CassTaylor
Quote: "loruca"​And if it really has to be coins, I can buy most of VEIII's cold issues in MS!
​Then talk about rarity!
​Now THAT sounds like a good investment! :love:
Chech
With that kind of money you could get around 170 sovereigns.
I love Slavic coins.
just DM me if you would like to trade, I am currently looking for old Russian coins at the moment.
Chech
Or 1071 Morgan dollars.
I love Slavic coins.
yvon
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "Arkadiusz"​But this is only one coin, whole set has 3 coins with the oldest alcohol.
​​Maybe set is a godd investment???
​​what do you think ??
​​https://lux-coins.com/produkt/set/?lang=en
​​I can get a presale price so is less than you can see on website
​​22,500 euro! (;0

​That is a ripoff even for a collector of NCLTs...... Definitely NOT a good investment!
​This not even a bad investment, but theft!!!
yvon
Do you realize how much rum/whisky, or whatever drink you prefer, one can buy for that money??? or
a 1/2kilo of gold...or a lot of REAL coins in the most beautifull condition...
Chech
Quote: "yvon"​Do you realize how much rum/whisky, or whatever drink you prefer, one can buy for that money???
You could get 1009 bottles of Bacardi rum with that much money.

(I guess that could be enough for a night in a pinch ;))
I love Slavic coins.
doc_man
Quote: "CassTaylor"​The gimmicky-ness of the coin aside, does anyone know if this is the first/only coin that contains a liquid substance in it?

​I actually think that's pretty cool, just not cool enough to pay melt value, let alone any premium above that for it.
Numista referee for East Africa, British West Africa, Benin, Biafra, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Dahomey, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Liberia, Mombasa, Poland, Congo - Democratic Republic, Ruanda-Urundi, Senegal, Chad, Zaire, Zambia
doc_man
Ddint read to the end :D now notice that Arkadiusz already post this link :D
Numista referee for East Africa, British West Africa, Benin, Biafra, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Dahomey, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Liberia, Mombasa, Poland, Congo - Democratic Republic, Ruanda-Urundi, Senegal, Chad, Zaire, Zambia
doc_man
We have saying in Poland : "Who will prohibit the rich?"
If you want to buy it, buy it.
a week ago or so i bought this coin : https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces47854.html
i paid about 6,3 euro with shipping.
and this
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces62280.html for 15,6 euro
This i call investment.
Regards,
Damian
CassTaylor
Quote: "yvon"​Do you realize how much rum/whisky, or whatever drink you prefer, one can buy for that money??? or
​ a 1/2kilo of gold...or a lot of REAL coins in the most beautifull condition...
​To be fair the drops of whiskey and rum embedded in the coins are from very old preserved bottles, but yeah, for the price of all three you'd probably be able to buy a pretty exclusive vintage to serve at a dinner party. :O

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:18AM.