Looking for a Nikolai II Rouble (1895-1914)

4 posts
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces11413.html

This coin on numista. Date and mintmark are unimportant.

Must be very high grade. (gems on crown and orb present) It's driving me crazy; it should be an easy hole in my collection to fill, but it's just not happening.

Can swap for silver/gold or buy, not too bothered.
They are pretty uncommon and expensive in that kind of a grade - and definitely not an easy gap to fill...
There is a time for everything - Il y a un temps pour tout - Всему есть свое время - Для всього свій час, і година своя кожній справі під небом
Quote: "glykan"​They are pretty uncommon and expensive in that kind of a grade - and definitely not an easy gap to fill...

I know ;( But it's relative; I've been searching well over a year now! In that same time I've managed to fill Offa and a Cromwell [portrait] crown in my British collection and Elizabeth I and Peter II rouble in my Russian ones... (all in AU or better)

When I set out, I considered it 'minorly tricky,' but over time have realised they are an absolute pain to get. Hence my offer of gold lol, maybe somebody will bite!

It's especially annoying as the 10/15 roubles of the same design are so easy, but I don't collect those.
Oggy, I can ask my friend in Ukraine if they are more easily available over there, I know he has a very nice one in his collection.
There is a time for everything - Il y a un temps pour tout - Всему есть свое время - Для всього свій час, і година своя кожній справі під небом
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 28-Jan-2019, 14:23)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:57.