Menu

Area for a Link for my coin Photo

4 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Store the pictures of my own coins on Numista
Votes: 7
greatone76
I have been adding my collection and I have been taking pictures of my coins to swap. I have them been uploading them to my google drive, then using a tinyurl conversion and then putting that link to the picture in the comments. My issue is that you can't click on the link in the comment.

Would love a place to put a link to a pic of my coin. I think it would be a great way to share the swappable coins condition and also a great way to showcase your collection electronically with others.

Also, as the coin nerd that I am, I would love to look at other people's pictures of their coins to just see various conditions and maybe even some different "varieties".

I understand not wanting to host my pictures, but I would think that a location for a link to my actual coin picture would be a minor alteration to the site that I think could greatly improve the general feel of the site and use in being able to showcase a collection to others or even just show people your coins in picture when you are out and about.

We have the site to track the collection. I think a picture link would be a wonderful thing.

Let me know your thoughts and if this is something that has been tried or what you see as the problems with that ask.
Grinya
Share it as Public comment
SWAP LIST (lots of Russia (from wire to 2018) + Tannu Tuva, Goths from Taman, Crimea, Grand principality of Moscow, Siberia, Tatarstan, Golden Horde, Genoa, Bukhara, Khiva etc.)
greatone76
Quote: "Grinya"​Share it as Public comment
When looking at someone's swap list you can not click on the link. You would have to copy it down and type it in because you can not even copy the text from that view.
Xavier Site admin
Hello,
Links in comments are now clickable :wiz:
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 16-Jun-2019, 03:49PM)

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:33PM.