The List of Years

5 posts
Hi!
I often read on the forum about people who wants to add new dates to already existing coins. Often this is because a date is missing, but also since new coins are minted every year. The reason for all these forum posts is because the list of years has been marked ac complete. This has been a big issue for years, and many times I have suggested that this feature should be removed, since seldom the year of list actually is compeleted. And if it now would be a one year coin, then there's no reason to change in the year list at all (and if someone would, the referee can simply reject this request).

So, basically I would like to the the feature Check this year list as complete removed!

Thank you!
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I think it was originally implemented as a failsafe to keep referees from approving dates wily nily to already completed date lists (e.g. when I have a lot of modification demands for things like tags or new KM#s I usually breeze through them all and sometimes I need to fix it manually when I accidentally approve something stupid that was right in the middle of a bunch of valid requests).

But maybe it's no longer really necessary.
Quote: "CassTaylor"​I think it was originally implemented as a failsafe to keep referees from approving dates wily nily to already completed date lists (e.g. when I have a lot of modification demands for things like tags or new KM#s I usually breeze through them all and sometimes I need to fix it manually when I accidentally approve something stupid that was right in the middle of a bunch of valid requests).

​But maybe it's no longer really necessary.
​i see your point, but i also get a feeling that this might've been in the early years of numista. now the year lists are somewhat correct (if we exclude newly found variants) and i rarely accept change requests considering the year list, unless it's a missing year request, like "please add 2018", then i, of course, approve.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I still recall my confusion over trying to add my coin dated 1532 to the Numista page for its type that was marked as complete but didn't have the 1532 date as an option; I ended up, about a year later, finding a different page for what appeared to be the same type, which did have an option for 1532, and adding my example there.

I see that they have since been unified - nice!
Quote: "January First-of-May"​I still recall my confusion over trying to add my coin dated 1532 to the Numista page for its type that was marked as complete but didn't have the 1532 date as an option; I ended up, about a year later, finding a different page for what appeared to be the same type, which did have an option for 1532, and adding my example there.

​I see that they have since been unified - nice!
​yes, there are situations like this, and also like the in the belgian list, where there are a french and a dutch lettering, and different years for each lettering..hopefully the referee will know about this, and therefore reject the request of adding a non-existing year, and refer the collector to the correct coin page (i.e. "please check the coin with french lettering for this year")..

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 00:49.