Noticed a Bug when adding coins

5 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
Hi,
I have noticed a small bug when adding coins in the old style "one coin per line, without values";

periodically I am losing information in the comments section, in my account value information as of NGC price guide, it seems to happen randomly when entering new coins to the collection, but doesn't always happen to the line where the coin numbers have been entered. Sometimes one coins information disappears other time half of all coins! Not really sure if there is a pattern, but it is annoying when you know you have entered information only to have to look it up again.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the new version with options of entry method?
Can't say how long info has been disappearing, but I have just noticed it in the last few days.

Can the web masters have a look?
do you mean when you are adding values as comments for just you to see, or when you are adding values in the value field? cuz if you are talking about the value field, you are supposed to add the price you bought it for, not a catalogue price..
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I'm talking about adding comments (just in this case that are values) in the comment field for me, or other users if in swap list, to see.
So I'm not adding price info of the coin for numista to use.
My settings are the old input version not the new input.

In Settings;
"Display of my collection
One line per coin in my collection, with coin values
One line per coin year, without coin values"

So it doesn't matter what I put in the comments, text or value, it still disappears sometimes.
Hope this explains the situation more clearly,
thanks
Hello,

The support for comments with the option "One line per coin year, without coin values" is limited. You can't add comments if you didn't enter the coin in your collection. Also, the comment is lost if you change the grade by removing the coin from one grade and adding it again to another grade.

If a comment is lost, you may verify what happened in the journal of your collection: https://en.numista.com/vous/journal.php
Status changed to Rejected (Xavier, 5-Feb-2019, 22:56)
Thanks Xavier, that information is good to know - at least I'm not going mad when comments disappear.
I had noticed the coin journal link on the 'My Coins' page but didn't realise you could expand to get more or lost information - fantastic.
thanks again for you time looking into this, very much appreciated.
Dom

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:57.