1984 Kennedy half [solved]

6 posts
Hi all, hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Mine almost over here in Germany. Just wondering on the American Kennedy half dollar 1984 D, the line in between the letters and numbers on the date is that normal? My other 1984 has some but not as many but none of the other dates have them.

Thanks for your help and advice
David
Oh also looking for more swaps if anyone might be interested.
Have a great day
American collector living the life in Germany
It's been in a vending or gaming machine, I have seen this on many different coins
Quote: "tony_k_1965"​It's been in a vending or gaming machine, I have seen this on many different coins
​Agree, in fact they're so common that I daresay every other coin of certain countries (Japan, South Korea) from the 1970s-90s (that I've come across) probably has those marks from being in machines on them.
Status changed to Solved (David52, 17-Dec-2018, 21:29)
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "tony_k_1965"​It's been in a vending or gaming machine, I have seen this on many different coins
​​Agree, in fact they're so common that I daresay every other coin of certain countries (Japan, South Korea) from the 1970s-90s (that I've come across) probably has those marks from being in machines on them.
​Not correct.
These marks are made while creating the paper roll for these coins.
https://www.collectons.com/shop/item/12108/1984-D-BU-Kennedy-Half-Dollar-Rolls-OBW
Like this belgian coin:

Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
I think Petrus is right.
Thank you all, I just see it on the one date and not on the others. All is good. Thanks again
American collector living the life in Germany

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:52.