Fishy coins - or am I seeing things?

12 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hmmm....
I am not fully convinced.
but 400+ positive reviews? I must be wrong.
https://www.ebay.ca/usr/breggmann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
This one specifically has my spidey-senses off the scale.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-Russia-Peter-I-1720-1721-silver-rouble-coin-Magnificent/123535188569?hash=item1cc3456259:g:w0MAAOSwPAJcDQVC
But hey, not my usual subject-matter. so...
I collect anything: If it's Italian or Italian states i collect it even more!
His reviews seem fairly ok to me, but then again the coins he's selling aren't my forte exactly. Wouldn't be surprised if some of his other roubles were fakes.
Obvious fake to me. The fonts are wrong, the crowns are wrong, it's not alligned correctly horizontally, and it's barely round ffs

Edit: His 1743 poltina is even funnier. Like the counterfeiter had never seen a genuine one before haha.
Quote: "oggy"​Obvious fake to me. The fonts are wrong, the crowns are wrong, it's not alligned correctly horizontally, and it's barely round ffs

​Edit: His 1743 poltina is even funnier. Like the counterfeiter had never seen a genuine one before haha.
​See, that's also my view on it, but how has he gotten 400+ positive reviews?
All that feedback is over six months old. If there's any doubt about the legitimacy of what's on offer the following text from his listings should settle the matter -

If for any reason you feel like you may be unhappy with buying this coin or feel like you might complain after receiving it please refrain from bidding. So please find out all concerns before you place a bid. Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you!
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "pnightingale"​All that feedback is over six months old. If there's any doubt about the legitimacy of what's on offer the following text from his listings should settle the matter -

If for any reason you feel like you may be unhappy with buying this coin or feel like you might complain after receiving it please refrain from bidding. So please find out all concerns before you place a bid. Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you!
​"I'm selling fakes so please keep that in mind if you are wise enough to see it "
Kristian

Everything in my collection can be sold if it would make someone happier than me :)
They look pretty fake in my opinion.

And he never says they are real in the desc.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
There seems to be a lot of russians selling fakes. We noticed that for some rare Romanian coins, and they mostly come from russians sellers on ebay.
I thrive on searching for items on ebay and listing Price: Highest to Lowest. Some of the highest-priced items are so very fake they're probably worth something in and of themselves.
IndyPipps

- "Ahhió, e che sarà mai!"
Indiana pipps!
What a nickname, and one that very few actually get the reference of!
But yes, i also like to do that when im not headbutting some horrendous calculus problem or other. It also seems this seller has ben selling a mix of real and fake coins for a while.
Quote: "loruca"one that very few actually get the reference of!
​Thanks ;)
Quote: "loruca" when im not headbutting some horrendous calculus problem or other
​Research or study? I may or may not be involved in teaching math, among other things :°
IndyPipps

- "Ahhió, e che sarà mai!"
Study, 18 yo and second year economic theory major. Models everywhere and no miracle "negritas" to solve them!
But doesn't stop the collecting habit, ne per quello lo stock di topolini!
LRC

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 23:37.