Menu

pmd?

Amin1983shahrul
the hole at Giuseppe Garibaldi ne a Nice le 4 Juillet 1807 token. ?
manmade or what?
auscoin
Good placement but looking at how rough the hole is I'd say PMD ... can't find another example to compare it with though. Do you have one?

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces127182.html
Amin1983shahrul
auscoin
The token that you posted is different to the link a gave in numista ... the wreath on the reverse is different as the leaves are larger and fewer.
It's a little hard to distinguish but are you sure that the date on yours reads 1807?
CassTaylor
Hello,

The hole in your medallion is not PMD, but a feature of all examples of this medal (all images I can find of others also have the hole). Presumably it was once issued with a ribbon or a link, probably privately struck by an Italian patriotic society during or after (to commemorate) the Risorgimento (which explains the inconsistent strike quality and holes).
une franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
Amin1983shahrul
Quote: "auscoin"​The token that you posted is different to the link a gave in numista ... the wreath on the reverse is different as the leaves are larger and fewer.
​It's a little hard to distinguish but are you sure that the date on yours reads 1807?
it 1807
Cycnos
Quote: "auscoin"​The token that you posted is different to the link a gave in numista ... the wreath on the reverse is different as the leaves are larger and fewer.
​It's a little hard to distinguish but are you sure that the date on yours reads 1807?
​It couldn't be another date : its the birth date of Giuseppe Garibaldi.
I guess different dies has been used to mint this medal, so few variants may exist.
Referee for Ottoman Empire.

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:27PM.