Help Please with 1879B Romania Coins 2 Bani

9 posts
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?mode=simplifie&p=1&l=roumanie&r=1879&e=roumanie&d=&ca=3&no=&i=&v=&m=&a=&t=&dg=&w=&u=&f=&g=&c=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&te=y&cat=y

Link above shows 2 varieties of the 2 Bani. One n gold, the other in copper. Both show 2 grams in weight. The gold has a slightly smaller coin size???

How can a gold coin and a copper coin be the basically same size?

Shouldn't the gold coin be smaller in size or just heavier?

Also I don't see the purity of the gold coin.

I appreciate any help on these 2 coins.

Yes I found one and looks copper but has a silver sounding ring to it.
The gold coin is 0.5 mm smaller in size, but has the weight is the same.

Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Yes that's my question. I thought there would have to be a bigger difference than a 1/2 mm to equal the same weight? Yes? Gold is a lot heavier than copper..yes?
https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/search/1/?keywords=ROMANIA%7c%7c1879%7cB%7c2+Bani%7cROMANIA+1879+B+2+Bani

Picture of gold variety looks copper????
also don't see any "gold" on MA SHOPS.
The gold was premium minted for some Europe Kings of the time, was offered as a gift to them.
Maybe an error in the catalog...both copper for me!
Quote: "SpuDy"​The gold was premium minted for some Europe Kings of the time, was offered as a gift to them.
​the picture of the golden coin has been removed, the mintage of 500.000 still seems excessive for a premium coin that we don't seem to be able to find pictures off.
Any idea of real mintage?
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Quote: "BramVB"
Quote: "SpuDy"​The gold was premium minted for some Europe Kings of the time, was offered as a gift to them.
​​the picture of the golden coin has been removed, the mintage of 500.000 still seems excessive for a premium coin that we don't seem to be able to find pictures off.
​Any idea of real mintage?
​I don't know :°

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:02.