Menu

About Euro error coins

klei92
I was classifying my euro collection and sudenly I saw 2 little excess metal in 2 different coins.

Of thoose coins, I have several examples, at least 2, so I was comparing them to see which one i was going to keep for the collection and which one no.

In the end i didnt find thoose little excess (in the total of 63 1€ and 2€ coins i have) and i dont know if this little excess metal are consider an error in euro coins.

So what is your opinion? Here are some picks of the coins in question.

2 Euro Treaty of Rome: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2209.html

1 Euro: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces5090.html (even in one of the picks in the link seems to have some excess metal)

Regards
PetrusAscanus
These blank are made somewhere in the east. (At least some years for Belgium).
So the belgian euro coins have also a lot of errors.
Most of the errors are very common, and they do not influence the value very much
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
klei92
Quote: "PetrusAscanus"​These blank are made somewhere in the east. (At least some years for Belgium).
​So the belgian euro coins have also a lot of errors.
​Most of the errors are very common, and they do not influence the value very much
​Well the 1€ coin is from an east european country so i buy your answer but the 2€ one is from Spain and as far as I know here (in Spain) coins are still made by the "Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre" since the end of the XIX (which is more or less = Madrid mint) so the answer cant be the same (?)

I google it to see if i was able to find something similar, and actually i found several 2€ coins (from 2007 but not from Spain) with true state errors in addition to the one i am asking about. Also i need to say that mostly the kind of error "excess metal" acepted are related to the "Nickel-brass clad Nickel center" so in the end you will be right with your last sentence

I dont ask/want to get a profit of this, its only curiosity especially to keep them advisedly or not.
PetrusAscanus
I ment that the some belgian blancs are made in Asia, an the final minting is done in Europe

So p.e. the 20 eurocents of Greece are minted in Finland, France or Spain.
Wich country can be found in the little star next to the date.
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:18AM.