Menu

Numista Robot - Upgrade(s)

» Quick access to the last post

Jarcek Numista team
Numista Robot - https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=110280 now has a picture and also became a moderator!

What it does:

Moderator duty:
It locks every swap forum thread after three months of its inactivity.

Catalogue duty:
It currently modifies shapes/metals and edge descriptions and translates.

Modifications on English side:
Metals:
Cooper - Copper
Coppper - Copper
Coper - Copper
Cu - Copper
Cuivre - Copper
Aluminum - Aluminium
Aluminum-bronze - Aluminium-bronze
Aluminum bronze - Aluminium-bronze
Aluminium bronze - Aluminium-bronze
Aluminium-Bronze - Aluminium-bronze
Copper nickel - Copper-nickel
Cupronickel - Copper-nickel
Copper-Nickel - Copper-nickel
Nickle - Nickel
Sliver - Silver
Argent - Silver
Bilon - Billon
Alpaca - Copper-nickel-zinc
German Silver - Copper-nickel-zinc
Platinium - Platinum

Shapes:
Ronde - Round
Rondo - Round
Triangle - Triangular
Rectangle - Rectangular
Hexagon - Hexagonal
Octogon - Octagonal
Octogonal - Octagonal
Decagon - Decagonal
Iregular - Irregular
Circle - Round
Circular - Round

Edge descriptions:
Smoth - Smooth

Modifications on French side:
Metals:

Electrum - Électrum
Etain - Étain

Translations:

Metals: (Metal purity is also translated in case of gold, silver, platinum and palladium)
EN=Copper-nickel ↔ FR=Cupronickel
EN=Bronze ↔ FR=Bronze
EN=Brass ↔ FR=Laiton
EN=Silver ↔ FR=Argent
EN=Gold↔ FR=Or
EN=Copper↔ FR=Cuivre
EN=Platinum↔ FR=Platine
EN=Iron↔ FR=Fer
EN=Titanium↔ FR=Titane
EN=Aluminium-bronze ↔ FR=Bronze-aluminium
EN=Zinc↔ FR=Zinc
EN=Nickel↔ FR=Nickel
EN=Porcelain↔ FR=Porcelaine
EN=Wood↔ FR=Bois
EN=Palladium↔ FR=Palladium
EN=Platinum↔ FR=Platine
EN=Pewter↔ FR=Potin?
EN=Electrum↔ FR=Électrum
EN=Tin↔ FR=Étain
EN=Lead↔ FR=Plomb
EN=Nickel-brass↔ FR=Nickel-laiton
EN=Billon↔ FR=Billon
EN=Cardboard↔ FR=Carton
EN=Plastic↔ FR=Plastique
EN=Steel↔ FR=Acier
EN=Stainless Steel↔ FR=Acier inoxydable
EN=Aluminium↔ FR=Aluminium

Shapes:
EN=Round ↔ FR=Ronde
EN=Triangular↔ FR=Triangulaire
EN=Rectangular↔ FR=Rectangulaire
EN=Pentagonal↔ FR=Pentagonale
EN=Hexagonal↔ FR=Hexagonale
EN=Octagonal↔ FR=Octogonale
EN=Decagonal↔ FR=Décagonale
EN=Irregular↔ FR=Irrégulière
EN=Round with a hole↔ FR=Ronde et trouée
EN=Round with a square hole↔ FR=Ronde avec un trou carré

Edge descriptions:
EN=Reeded ↔ FR=Striée
EN=Milled ↔ FR=Cannelée
EN=Smooth ↔ FR=Lisse
Catalogue administrator, Referee for Kingdom of Bohemia.
CassTaylor
Quote: "Jarcek"
​It shall lock every swap forum thread after three months of its inactivity. <:D
​Wonderful news; maybe this could be arranged to lock old voting threads in the MPCC forum as well?

Also perhaps it could also cover old threads in all the other forums (but maybe with a more extended period, let's say maybe after six months of inactivity)? It's kind of annoying seeing a long dead thread from 2013 resurrected, I would always prefer a fresh new one.
une franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
Jarcek Numista team
Might be, this is its first moderator trial. I just updated the thread with everything it does currently.
radrick007
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "Jarcek"​​
​​It shall lock every swap forum thread after three months of its inactivity. <:D
​​Wonderful news; maybe this could be arranged to lock old voting threads in the MPCC forum as well?

​Also perhaps it could also cover old threads in all the other forums (but maybe with a more extended period, let's say maybe after six months of inactivity)? It's kind of annoying seeing a long dead thread from 2013 resurrected, I would always prefer a fresh new one.
​Sorry but I would have to disagree with this. I have no problem with an old topic being revived with new interest and would hate for previous useful and informative threads to be cast into the abyss.
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon

Catalogue referee for Celtic Britain, England & United Kingdom
Jarcek Numista team
I tend to agree, but MPCC sounds reasonable.
mikimaus
Hi
I usually add "Plain" not "Smooth" when adding a new coin. More work for herr Robocoin?
And great congrats on this upgrade!
best regards...
Jarcek Numista team
We held a public vote on that a while back and results were 50x50 basically, so we dont have a solution for the moment.
CREPOSUC
Would not this member of 1827, registered in July 2018 who would have deleted the members residing Republic of 'TO DELETE' ?
X-D
La recherche par et POUR TOUS  BOINC + FRANCE = DIY
Jarcek Numista team
This Robot is still under control and does not terminate members yet. /!\
CassTaylor
Quote: "radrick007"
​​Sorry but I would have to disagree with this. I have no problem with an old topic being revived with new interest and would hate for previous useful and informative threads to be cast into the abyss.
Ah, well, old threads would still remain readable and linkable by the general public, so I don't think they'd be cast into the abyss just yet; and one might make the same argument against locking old threads in the ID forum (which I noticed has happened!).

I do see your point though, no need to be sorry- perhaps there should be a function where members could petition for specific thread(s) to be unlocked? ;)
une franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
ZacUK Numista team, Moderator
So is this why there are 202 unread posts in 'Coin identifications and valuations' ?! /!\

My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
Jarcek Numista team
Well, I guess it also got ability to create inconveniences. Its creative conduit is probably faulty. /!\
radrick007
More than 60,000 coins edited, that's one busy Robot!
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon

Catalogue referee for Celtic Britain, England & United Kingdom
Jarcek Numista team
Bulk of it was made in its first day. :°
neilithicman
Considering Bender's lust for power, are you sure he's the best choice for the profile pic ;)

What? Me Worry
Jarcek Numista team
I proposed terminator...
CREPOSUC
Quote: "ZacUK"​ So is this why there are 202 unread posts in 'Coin identifications and valuations' ?! /!\

unread messages only decrease when one is identified, which is not necessary since the forums are public in reading.
(;0
La recherche par et POUR TOUS  BOINC + FRANCE = DIY
Cyrillius Numista team
Hello.
Looks like the robot hasn't worked for the last couple of days.
Jarcek Numista team
Yes, you are right, stopped working yesterday. I will report that to Xavier. No worries, it will do it at once when it starts again.
Jarcek Numista team
Robot is working again! <:D
aephi
could the team develop a robot to do these:

1. delete all "KM# new" referencees, they are meaningless
2. format reference number, there are still a few "km#1" should be KM# 1
3. format and put decimal reference number in year comments at the very beginning of the comment. this is very important to this website because coins like KM# 104.1 does not have its own page
Sjoelund
Quote: "CassTaylor"
Quote: "radrick007"

​​​Sorry but I would have to disagree with this. I have no problem with an old topic being revived with new interest and would hate for previous useful and informative threads to be cast into the abyss.
​Ah, well, old threads would still remain readable and linkable by the general public, so I don't think they'd be cast into the abyss just yet; and one might make the same argument against locking old threads in the ID forum (which I noticed has happened!).

​I do see your point though, no need to be sorry- perhaps there should be a function where members could petition for specific thread(s) to be unlocked? ;)

Hi,
I found an old topic about the problem of identifying the Peruvian 1/2 sol from 1942 into its different sub-types, and since I had just made a documentation helping those guys, I was more than supprised to see, that a robot had completely closed the thread. Stubborn as I can be, I opened a new thread with exactly the same name, and guess what, I could do that, but the guys looking for an answer NEVER gets it.

How good is that? In my opinion, there is no need to block threads at all, if there is no activity, there is no activity, but if in this case I fall over it, researching "PERU 1/2 sol 1942", and find that I CANNOT add my comments to it, then it makes me feel frustrated to use a very polite word!

Ole
Globetrotter
Coin variants in English:
https://sites.google.com/site/coinvarietiescollection/home
In French on Cobra's site (not the same)
http://monnaiesetvarietes.esy.es/
pejounet Numista team, Moderator
Quote: "Sjoelund"​Hi,
​I found an old topic about the problem of identifying the Peruvian 1/2 sol from 1942 into its different sub-types, and since I had just made a documentation helping those guys, I was more than supprised to see, that a robot had completely closed the thread. Stubborn as I can be, I opened a new thread with exactly the same name, and guess what, I could do that, but the guys looking for an answer NEVER gets it.

​How good is that? In my opinion, there is no need to block threads at all, if there is no activity, there is no activity, but if in this case I fall over it, researching "PERU 1/2 sol 1942", and find that I CANNOT add my comments to it, then it makes me feel frustrated to use a very polite word!

​Ole
Made on purpose (locked after 3 months inactivity) to avoid thread revivals and ups from nowhere (and also avoid ads and scams that are using old threads to post messages) but you can still ask a mod to unlock the targeted thread and post again.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
mikimaus
Hi
I have not yet written to Pejounet or Cyrillus, but can robot check also for glitches in data => why for instance if I put in querry "Slovenska vojska", this coin is not in search results?
Thanks!
BramVB
Quote: "mikimaus" why for instance if I put in querry "Slovenska vojska", this coin is not in search results?
​It is with me (tenth token out of 19 results), maybe tokens were not selected when searching?
Just call me Bram
Back in Belgium, with a lot of coins to swap ... but with high postal costs :(
Cyrillius Numista team
Quote: "BramVB"
Quote: "mikimaus" why for instance if I put in querry "Slovenska vojska", this coin is not in search results?
​​
​​It is with me (tenth token out of 19 results), maybe tokens were not selected when searching?
​Yes, I have the same result, I do not see the problem. (But I could not solve it :P).

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:48AM.