Menu

New Numista discord server

Author Message
pejounet Numista team, Moderator
Joined: 30-Jan-2017
Posts: 1861
Hello,

for those interested, please find below the link to join the newly created Numista Discord server.

This server does not at all replace Numista and just intends to help Numista members chit-chat about coins another way and also help them regarding swaps and trades through voice channels.

When joining, you will first be sent into a verification channel and required to provide your personal code for validation. This code is available at bottom of your own settings page here on Numista and is visible by Numista Discord admins only (Xavier, Jarcek, The_One and pejounet).

Please have a look at the channel "rules" before chatting.

Let's keep talking about coins!


Link to join Numista discord server: https://discord.gg/S5JvXcE.
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
CassTaylor
Joined: 30-May-2014
Posts: 7813
Awesome- that was fast work! Good job.

Allow me to be the first non-staff to join. :8D
une Franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
pejounet Numista team, Moderator
Joined: 30-Jan-2017
Posts: 1861
Quote: "CassTaylor"​Awesome- that was fast work! Good job.

​Allow me to be the first non-staff to join. :8D
​sorry but you lost the race by 3 minutes :p
Sapientiae plerumque stultitia est comes.
Si c'est un grand plaisir d'être reconnu par ses amis, c'est peut-être encore plus flatteur d'être reconnu par ses adversaires.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
worth
Joined: 2-Oct-2016
Posts: 444
I think I have submitted my request correctly. We will see. But I have to ask, what exactly is a discord server?
Jarcek Numista team
Joined: 22-Dec-2014
Posts: 5333
It is new for me as it is for you. I have seen your request, but I still do not know how to make you verified. From what I gathered, it is similar to forum, rather a chat of some sort.

One of very good features there is a possibility foe swap partners to have a call/voice chat.

Anyone could create such Numista server, but this one has official backing.
Catalogue administrator, Referee for Kingdom of Bohemia.
January First-of-May
Joined: 10-Apr-2016
Posts: 646
Just tried to submit my request. Hopefully I sent it to the right place (where the bot directed me to).
CassTaylor
Joined: 30-May-2014
Posts: 7813
Quote: "Jarcek"
​One of very good features there is a possibility foe swap partners to have a call/voice chat.
​Yes, most of the time it's used by gamers, but in recent years many other communities have gone on Discord. I used to use it while playing Paradox grand strategy multiplayer too, to organise secret alliances. :°

Reactivated my account today and joined the server early this morning!
une Franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
MonaSeaclaid
Joined: 21-Jan-2016
Posts: 999
I was wondering if this would happen! Awesome!
MonaSeaclaid
Joined: 21-Jan-2016
Posts: 999
Quote: "worth"​I think I have submitted my request correctly. We will see. But I have to ask, what exactly is a discord server?
​Discord is a program that allows for live text chat, live voice chat, and acts as a pseudo-forum in that you can leave a post or images for people to read at their leisure. It started as way for gamers to get together conveniently but it's grown well beyond that. You can also add friends and privately message users.
worth
Joined: 2-Oct-2016
Posts: 444
Quote: "MonaSeaclaid"
Quote: "worth"​I think I have submitted my request correctly. We will see. But I have to ask, what exactly is a discord server?
​​Discord is a program that allows for live text chat, live voice chat, and acts as a pseudo-forum in that you can leave a post or images for people to read at their leisure. It started as way for gamers to get together conveniently but it's grown well beyond that. You can also add friends and privately message users.
​Thank you. Great explanation! I understand better now.
oggy Numista team, Moderator
Joined: 8-Mar-2016
Posts: 1460
I like it.
ngdawa
Joined: 18-Oct-2011
Posts: 2666
I've created an account. Is there anything else I need to do? I can't find any "personal code".

//Grandpa
My goal is to have at least 1 coin from each modern country.
Countries left: 17
oggy Numista team, Moderator
Joined: 8-Mar-2016
Posts: 1460
Quote: "ngdawa"​I've created an account. Is there anything else I need to do? I can't find any "personal code".

​//Grandpa

https://en.numista.com/vous/votre_compte.php

At the bottom.
ngdawa
Joined: 18-Oct-2011
Posts: 2666
Quote: "oggy"
Quote: "ngdawa"​I've created an account. Is there anything else I need to do? I can't find any "personal code".
​​
​​//Grandpa
​​
https://en.numista.com/vous/votre_compte.php

​At the bottom.
​aha! i thought they meant on the discord profile..

who do i send it too, again? :P
My goal is to have at least 1 coin from each modern country.
Countries left: 17
CassTaylor
Joined: 30-May-2014
Posts: 7813
Quote: "ngdawa"
Quote: "oggy"

Quote: "ngdawa"​I've created an account. Is there anything else I need to do? I can't find any "personal code".
​​​
​​​//Grandpa
​​​
​​https://en.numista.com/vous/votre_compte.php
​​
​​At the bottom.
​​aha! i thought they meant on the discord profile..

​who do i send it too, again? :P
​One of the admins on the Discord server (in red), by PM there. ;)
une Franglaise; ♪ je brosse ma chevelure ♫
Jarcek Numista team
Joined: 22-Dec-2014
Posts: 5333
I would only like to add that no harm is done if you send that code to more that one of us. Actually, verification can be done much faster then.
Catalogue administrator, Referee for Kingdom of Bohemia.
ngdawa
Joined: 18-Oct-2011
Posts: 2666
Quote: "Jarcek"​I would only like to add that no harm is done if you send that code to more that one of us. Actually, verification can be done much faster then.

​ok, i'll see if i can find the admins there..

//great-grandpa
My goal is to have at least 1 coin from each modern country.
Countries left: 17
The_One
Joined: 21-Sep-2015
Posts: 27
Quote: "pejounet"​Hello,

​for those interested, please find below the link to join the newly created Numista Discord server.

​This server does not at all replace Numista and just intends to help Numista members chit-chat about coins another way and also help them regarding swaps and trades through voice channels.

​When joining, you will first be sent into a verification channel and required to provide your personal code for validation. This code is available at bottom of your own settings page here on Numista and is visible by Numista Discord admins only (Xavier, Jarcek, The_One and pejounet).

​Please have a look at the channel "rules" before chatting.

​Let's keep talking about coins!


​Link to join Numista discord server: https://discord.gg/S5JvXcE.
The invite link has changed to https://discord.gg/nubZACk. To use discord on mobile, check App Store or Google Play

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:02PM.